PDA

View Full Version : where can I buy a zinc-plated bolt set

Melton69
09-03-2009, 05:30 PM
I am looking to get a complete zinc-plated bolt set but cant find any.

Thanks for any help

250Renvy
09-03-2009, 05:44 PM
I don't think anybody sells a kit. You most likely have to source them yourself or order OEM.

Most 250R bolts are HONDA specific and aren't common among hardened steel bolt makers.

IcutMetl
09-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Untrue....to an extent...haha. There is a guy on ebay selling 220pc OEM style fastener kits on ebay for like $45. They are zinc plated steel. I just bought a kit for my 250R. Does it include every single fastener on your bike? No. All the different fasteners, washers, nuts, etc are in seperate bags...but are they labeled as to where they go? No. But I needed to get rid of the cluster-fork of odd nuts and bolts on my wheeler, and for $45 bones, it has come in pretty handy.

250Renvy
09-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I bought that kit and thought it was a waste of money since it was all really small bolts and mostly filled with washers and useless parts.

Master LTR450
09-03-2009, 09:34 PM
I may be able to get u most of the nuts and bolts for you. I can tell u its not to cheap though. I don't know but Duncan used to have them and u could try roll design since the lobos came with zinc bolts.

thedeatons
09-04-2009, 12:11 AM
I think I mentioned in another post to get ahold of the stainless fastener guy on Ebay, and tell him what you want. Chances are he may be able to do it. If nothing else perhaps he could give you the list of fastener sizes/thread pitch needed to do a complete 250R. That way you can simply call McMaster Carr or Fastenal and begin ordering hardware.... Don't try to reinvent the wheel, use the people who already have it figured out...

James