PDA

View Full Version : i know im stupid but

BKLEM
09-03-2009, 05:17 PM
i know im stupid but i was wondering what the name of the piece is that you tighten you chain with is, the piece that you actually turn to tighten it. I know this is probably common knowledge but i just can't seem to find it anywhere and can you tell me if im right or not is a anti-fade axle nut the same thing or not. Mine is broken and i need to replace it.

Honda#4
09-03-2009, 05:29 PM
The axle carrier

BKLEM
09-03-2009, 05:41 PM
so i would have to replace the entire carrier. That isn't just a separate piece?

Honda#4
09-03-2009, 05:49 PM
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/wps/Honda_OEM/HondaATV.asp?Type=13&A=178&B=46

The part your refering to is number 1 if you need a new one you can find them on ebay pretty cheap, the anti fade is a locknut with the brake hub all in one but thats not what you need.

Snipe
09-03-2009, 07:11 PM
It should come apart at least the bearing from the carrier. But that is what it is. Why are you needing to replace it?

09-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Guys he's asking what part of the carrier he needs to turn to tighten the chain!

BKLEM, on the left side of the swingarm, attached to the carrier, is almost like a plate with three noticeably notches in it spaced apart from each other. You stick something in one of these notches and spin it backwards, which spins the whole carrier and tightens the chain as the carrier has egg-shaped ovals in it that adjust the overall length.

gt400ex
09-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Guys he's asking what part of the carrier he needs to turn to tighten the chain!

BKLEM, on the left side of the swingarm, attached to the carrier, is almost like a plate with three noticeably notches in it spaced apart from each other. You stick something in one of these notches and spin it backwards, which spins the whole carrier and tightens the chain as the carrier has egg-shaped ovals in it that adjust the overall length.

and if you cant find something to stick in the notches to get it to turn a big pare of channel locks work too:D

hondaking52
09-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX

BKLEM, on the left side of the swingarm, attached to the carrier, is almost like a plate with three noticeably notches in it spaced apart from each other. You stick something in one of these notches and spin it backwards, which spins the whole carrier and tightens the chain as the carrier has egg-shaped ovals in it that adjust the overall length. he did kinda say its broken......:ermm:

yellow02400ex
09-05-2009, 12:37 AM
ya I think he needs a new carrier. BKLEM if that part is broken the bearings are most likly toast and thats why the carrier broke.

BKLEM
09-05-2009, 07:56 AM
ya the bearings might be shot but, there is like a chunk out of the piece you turn to tighten the chain. It still works but i don't trust it for long rides so i was wanting to fix it

hondaking52
09-05-2009, 08:49 AM
ya, go on ebay and pick up a dual row carrier with a grease zerk, probly wont have any more problems with it.