PDA

View Full Version : How much Pain?

kdawgwoody
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM
OK firt off I love cannondales! I rode one of my uncles for a few years at the dunes, kicked some butt loved every minute of it, the only thing that ever happened to it was we didn't check the oil and blew the dang thing up, no cannondale problem, operator error!

That said, I'm again in the market for another quad and really want a cannondale. Ive been lookin at cannondales and keep hearing horror stories about them having major problems, what you you guys who also ride and them them honestly thing and what problems have you had. and info would be great
Thanks

jholleran843
09-04-2009, 01:18 AM
I hear the same stories I raced a full season on my moto never had a problem changed the oil after every ride fuel filter every two rides flushed frame and motor every three rides never missed a beat for the whole season got the motor all done up and it didnt run right for along time but now after changing the coil it runs great again my quad was a 2003 moto now it has a southbay 450 motor which is a beast and runs great don't believe people when they say parts are hard to get its easier now for me to get parts then it was when cannondale was still in business with people like cannonmoto and black widow out there go for it they are cheap now and fun to ride good luck

happyboy
09-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Parts are easily accessible. Power is easily made with a port job. Motors are really reliable once updated. At that point they are as reliable if not more so than the some of the current models out there.

The thing with the race quads its really luck of the draw, sometimes you get a great quad with no demons, then there are those few cursed souls out there that seem to have everything go wrong that can. And thats true with all things, not just cannondales.

jholleran843
09-04-2009, 08:50 PM
very true I seen alot of break downs at nationals when cannondales were big but i did notice when talking to people that if you were really taking good care of your dale running good oil and good tranny fluid etc you didnt have much problems except for those unlucky souls that bought lemons

kdawgwoody
09-07-2009, 07:47 PM
so what about the problem with the batteries repetedly dieing? anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?

Brown450R
09-08-2009, 08:42 PM
If you really want to learn about cannondales, go to cannondaleriders.com and start reading.