PDA

View Full Version : A-arms question

Melton69
09-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Hello,

Can someone tell me how to remove the bushings from my stock 86 a-arms. I heard its a PITA but I have access to a press and no $ for aftermarket arms.

Thanks

86 Quad R
09-03-2009, 04:33 PM
you'll need to press em out.... at least i did. :cool:

kookennay
09-03-2009, 10:16 PM
i have an 86 does it have bushimgs or bearings in the arms and were would i find them

86 Quad R
09-04-2009, 12:42 AM
they're bushings and you can get the aftermarket replacements at Atvbushings (http://www.atvbushings.com/)

86Rrider
09-04-2009, 10:53 AM
When I replaced mine, many years back, I did it with a bench vice and a couple of sockets. Size up a bigger one about the same size as the O.D. of the bushing, then a smaller one, deep well that is, about the same O.D. as the O.D. of the steel sleeve in the middle. Then put the big socket on one side and the littler deep well on the other and put the whole thing in the vice and slowly crank the vise jaws shut- pushing the deep well socket into the steel sleeve and pushing the sleeve out the other side into the larger socket. Once the sleeve is out, the bushing come out of the a-arms pretty easy.

Installation is just reverse, only don't use the sockets, just lube up the sleeve and push it into the bushings with the vice jaws.

But if you have a press, even easier!

1promodfan
09-04-2009, 06:02 PM
X2 what he said^^^^^^^