PDA

View Full Version : Bearings

Melton69
09-03-2009, 03:31 PM
What do you all think about all balls bearings and pivot works bearings?

How do they compare to stock quality?

I am getting all my quad parts back from the p/c in a few weeks and am going to be replacing ALL the chassis bearings, are there any alterantives to buying individual kits?

Thanks

250Renvy
09-03-2009, 05:42 PM
All Balls and Pivot works are both quality bearings and are cheaper than OEM.

Assuming you are replacing all bearings - some things to consider:

Axle bearings in a stock carrier - cheaper to replace the carrier with aftermarket dual row.

Swingarm - You could probably get away with replacing just the needle bearings but the kit is not that expensive and gets everything new.
Other possibility is using polymer based bearing.
X-system on ebay used to sell them.

Linkage - Pivot works is a good complete set so you don't have to source individual pieces.

Stem - OEM works best

A-arms - either stock or aftermarket - replacing them with a polymer/ steel crush sleeve is much cheaper.

IcutMetl
09-03-2009, 06:34 PM
I just did the same exact thing; replaced my swingarm pivot bearings & seals, linkage bearings & seals, and axle bearings & seals. For the pivot and linkage, I bought the All-Balls kit from Rocky Mountain ATV. Feels like a new rear suspension now (except for my ratty old shock). For the rear axle bearings and seals, I didn't want to buy an expensive carrier setup just yet, so I purchased the bearings & seals on ebay for under $35.

ehorst33
09-04-2009, 07:08 AM
I just bought pivot works bearing for my 250, wasn't too expensive and seems to work great so far, installing them was pretty easy too. Havent used all balls yet