PDA

View Full Version : How'd I do it?

sly400ex
11-21-2001, 09:29 AM
When I bent the front right shock on my 400, I wonder how it happened. The A-arms seem to be fine, but the shaft on the the shock is bent within the first 25% of compression. How is this possible? I know I landed hard on the front, but if it bottomed, wouldn't it be the last part of compression where the shaft would bend?

11-21-2001, 10:49 AM
I'm Tryin to be a smartarse on this response,,,,,,,,,I would assume it was built by works...:rolleyes:

Ask Alaska_jim he knows how them cheap shocks work..;)

MOFO
11-21-2001, 02:01 PM
< sarcasm> Yep, they must be cheap shocks....ask Alaska400EX, he can explain in complete detail why YOUR shock failed. If you had Elkas, they never would have failed </sarcasm off>

seriously, give Works a call if they are new shocks...see what they can do for you. That does not make sense on how it bent. I know someone thats had works shocks for a long time now and never had a problem with them. Might be a defect from the factory....

Eric

Clay
11-22-2001, 02:02 PM
Yeah, ive had my works for quite a while. I ride mx. I have jumped 90' jumps and never had a problem at all. Give works a call. Talk to Sandy. Hell fix ya up.