PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP! kickstarting problems. how do i convert back to battery?

yfz4504life
09-03-2009, 11:17 AM
i recently bought an 05 yfz with the gytr kick start. the only thing is, is that it only starts one out of every fifty kicks! i think its because of my high compression piston and i just dont weigh enough to start the damn thing. anyone know how i could convert back to battery? or what i'd need to do it? any help is greatly appreciated!! thanks

JR3
09-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by yfz4504life
i recently bought an 05 yfz with the gytr kick start. the only thing is, is that it only starts one out of every fifty kicks! i think its because of my high compression piston and i just dont weigh enough to start the damn thing. anyone know how i could convert back to battery? or what i'd need to do it? any help is greatly appreciated!! thanks

check and see if it has the cam mod that will make it esaier to start. I have a kick start on my yfz with a 13.5 compression piston ported polished head etc. and it starts first kick easy

yfz4504life
09-03-2009, 01:26 PM
what cam mod? do you think that would actually make that big of a difference?

ZRider400
09-03-2009, 08:20 PM
You have to do the cam mod when you are running a kicker... if not its hard to kick.

google search "yfz450 cam mod" you will fidn alot of info on it!

mxpimp2000
09-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by yfz4504life

let me knw if u wanna get rid of that kicker ill trade u the parts u need for the electric start..did they take the battery and starter off?

BakerRacing40
09-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
let me knw if u wanna get rid of that kicker ill trade u the parts u need for the electric start..did they take the battery and starter off?

dang i was about to tell him the same thing.. even harnesses if his harness is race cut for the kicker...

yfz4504life
09-04-2009, 02:12 PM
everything is gone, bettis even cut the battery box out of it haha, i suppose for better air flow