PDA

View Full Version : 1999 300ex electrical problem

dank86
09-03-2009, 10:56 AM
New member. I have been doing a little bit of work on my recently acquired 1999 300ex. Nothing big, carb rebuild, new battery, new tires, chain, basic maintenance, etc. When I put the quad back together I seemed to have an electrical problem. At the ignition switch I am getting 4.5 volts with all wire connected. With some testing I have narrowed down the two wires that are causing the 8 volt drop. It is the black wire leading into the reverse inhibitor unit and the black and white wire leading into the igntion control module. Even with these disconnected I cannot get anything to turn on. Is there any way to test these two black boxes? I have checked all of the wires to make sure they are not damaged, all the connections are good and all ground points are solid. Please help. I hate electrical problems.

sparkyjoe81
10-03-2009, 06:19 AM
So, when you turn the key nothing is coming on? If this is the case i would check the key switch. Unplug it, turn to the on position, and check for continiutiy. If the switch tests good, you should check to make sure your getting 12volts to the switch.