PDA

View Full Version : question for all current or previous Big Gun pipe owners

L.Vegas400
01-11-2003, 03:52 PM
i just bought a used big gun slip on exhaust pipe. i jetted up to a 155 main and it runs good.
the problem: the perferated tube inside is offset by about 4 mm. the red is the perferated tube. the green circle indicates where there is very little packing material and the blue area is where the packing is starting to come out just a little bit. have any of you ever heard of this or seen this before. the digi camera is at a buddies house so this is the best i could do.

Chef
01-11-2003, 04:06 PM
The packing in my big gun was blowing out around my end cap for a while, but then it just quit all of a sudden, maybe it all ended up coming out. I just didnt worry about it.

L.Vegas400
01-11-2003, 05:22 PM
can they and if so what does it cost to get a pipe repacked?

Chef
01-11-2003, 05:59 PM
Ive got no clue how much it is to have someone else do it, but the packing itself is like 20$, then you just put it in yourself.

Quadfather
01-11-2003, 07:38 PM
If your packing is shot, you are being robbed of some performance, not to mention the excessive noise that is produced. Repacking is very easily done. I'm not familiar with the Big Gun setup, but all you do is drill rivets out, or remove screws, take out the core, remove worn packing, roll new packing on the core, not too tight, secure with masking tape, 1 or 2 wraps, put back together.

L.Vegas400
01-12-2003, 01:57 AM
its not shot, the core is off center. mainly wondering if the off center will cause the packin to be blown out, or if this is a common occurence. thanks for the info, so i can repack if necassery. typin drunk rithg now, if it makes any sence?!?!