PDA

View Full Version : Elka MacDaddy

BigThumper33
01-11-2003, 03:24 PM
I'm going to be purchasing some new a arms and elka fronts next week, my concern is that my new aftermarket fronts will throw my rear way out of wack. Instead of shelling out 700 bucks for a completely new rear I was wondering what you guys think about the macdaddy conversion for the stock 400ex rear shock. Is it worth the money or should I shell out for the new aftermarket?

01-11-2003, 03:29 PM
I think you'd be happy with either,,but I know the rebuilt rear works like a champ...

Sparks425Ex
01-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Don't worry about your stock back shock. THe stock rear is a good shock to start with so you don't have to change it. THe rear shock has alot of adjustment. Just get it adjusted to you and what you like and you will be fine. And keep saving until you can get a new rear shock. The Mac Daddy has no real point toit. All it does it lower your back end so it is level with the front end.

BigThumper33
01-11-2003, 03:31 PM
great that puts my mind at ease.

Dave400ex
01-11-2003, 03:49 PM
I have the Elka Rebuild and like it a lot. If I had the money I would of got a whole new Rear Elka though. I think it works great for what I paid. Unless you are Racing MX I think the Rebuild would be just fine.

BigThumper33
01-11-2003, 04:06 PM
so are you saying that the rebuild shock can not stand up to the harshness of MX racing.

Dave400ex
01-11-2003, 04:13 PM
No it would work just fine, but the whole new Rear would work much better for MX. You could race MX with the Rebuild and be happy as long as you take the time to get it dialed in!

Quadfather
01-11-2003, 07:56 PM
I wish I could chime in with an opinion. I've been waiting on my rear rebuild for about three weeks.

airheadedduner
01-11-2003, 11:48 PM
A rebuilt rear is nearly as good as an aftermarket. I suggest you do it. You will not be dissipointed.

Quadfather
01-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Here's an update.

It seems my rear shock I sent to the Quadshop never made it to the Kentucky post off to be delivered. The local post office that I mailed it from doesn't have a clue. I did not insure the package, I just sent it priority mail.

Anyone have any experience with the post office when it comes to a lost package? How was it resolved?

They said I have to wait 30 days from the shipping date to file a formal complaint. That will be in a couple days.

Thanks.

Tommy 17
01-14-2003, 02:17 PM
i run the elka fronts with the stock rear... i'm about 145lbs with gear on... when i hit high speed bumsp with the stock rear the front soaks it up and the back kinda kicks up in the air... its really hard to keep it under contol at times... i really need to get the rear rebuild...

when i'm jumpin it feels fine for me though...

airheadedduner
01-14-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Quadfather
Here's an update.

It seems my rear shock I sent to the Quadshop never made it to the Kentucky post off to be delivered. The local post office that I mailed it from doesn't have a clue. I did not insure the package, I just sent it priority mail.

Anyone have any experience with the post office when it comes to a lost package? How was it resolved?

They said I have to wait 30 days from the shipping date to file a formal complaint. That will be in a couple days.

Thanks.

I had a package nearly get lost. When I sent my cylinder to CT it took it forever to get there, about 5 weeks. They told me that there is nothing that they could have done but wait the 30 days and file a complaint. But after I filed it showed up so I ended up okay.

01-15-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by BigThumper33
so are you saying that the rebuild shock can not stand up to the harshness of MX racing.

Oh it'll stand up to MX,,i had mine rebuilt and was absolutely amazed at how much better it worked.. I purposely cased small doubles to see what it could handle..I've yet to bottom it out int eh last year...

cdalejef
01-15-2003, 07:19 AM
Here's an update.

Thanks. Quadfather....I got some good news man, give me a call!!!!:D

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-15-2003, 07:50 AM
Here's an update.

Thanks.
Just for future reference.. Make sure that you insure every package that you send through the post office.. I have had a couple lost that I did not insure and I was out the money and the part, they basically told me that you can file a complaint after 30 days and nothing was ever resolved with mine...
By the time you put insureance and maybe delivery confirmation on the package it is cheaper to send it FED EX or UPS..

Pappy
01-15-2003, 07:53 AM
yep.....UPS is the way!!

besides.....you dont wanna go postal in a post office if they screw up;)

Quadfather
01-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Update on the update:

I talked to Jeff today, he went to the local post office in town, and told them to look around for a misplaced box. Lo and behold, they found it. He is working on the shock as I type, and assured me it would be shipped out asap.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-15-2003, 11:17 AM
The rear rebuild works just fine for mx. I have been racing mx on mine for quite awhile. SSD all the way around is a great advantage for mx.

Colby at C&D Racing
308-696-7805

01-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Update on the update:

I talked to Jeff today, he went to the local post office in town, and told them to look around for a misplaced box. Lo and behold, they found it. He is working on the shock as I type, and assured me it would be shipped out asap.

WOW,,now that's customer service..:)

Quadfather
01-15-2003, 02:16 PM
Yeah it is. Stuff like that goes a long way.