PDA

View Full Version : Need a new exhaust slip on or full pipe?

awj8074
09-02-2009, 08:49 PM
I had to put the stock one back on after breaking the one i had and didnt notice that much of a power difference like i used to switching between them. I mean low end i can kinda tell but the thing will pick the front up still in any gear and with the mudlite sp's it just grabs in teh mud and picks up. The DMC pipe i had broke off one night after i'm guessing hitting a rock when i wheelied across some water. Broke it off at the end of the mid pipe so i ran a straight pipe for over 2 hours and that was loud lol. I'm thinking i dont notice the power difference becuase i've lost 50lbs since june 1st but i'm still getting a new pipe just trying to decide if its worth getting a slip on or going full pipe. To me the header I had didnt look much larger or different than the stock header and I dont want a pipe as loud as my DMC Alien that came on it new from the dealer (it was the 1st black 450r in ct and the dealer put alot of aftermarket stuff on to demo it) i'm thinking DASA but dont know yet. Any recommendations? I want something thats not anoying loud but at the same time i dont want to re do my jetting for the stock pipe so its running rich right now and i need to find a replacment by spring. Plenty of time since soon it will be snowmobile season and i'll be spending my free time in VT riding.