PDA

View Full Version : Clutch help

can-am67
09-02-2009, 03:33 PM
ok here what i got going on...

first of all i drained engine oil and found a junk of metal on my magnetic oil plug and so i stoped right there pulled the motor was going to put a new clutch in it cause it was due for on and was making crazy noise.

so motors out and was about to pull engine apart and said i am going to check the clutch quick. pull clutch out and well basket was moving back and fourth.. umm ok thats not right.

anyway get to the point here the basket started to seperate from the gear on the back of the basket 2 of the rivtets where out of it found the one that was missing the other on my oil plug and well the rest of the rivets are crazy loose and about to fall out. anyone have this proplem yet. or is there somesort of recall i dont no about this

blaster99
09-02-2009, 07:08 PM
funny you have this problem too. I had it happen when i landed a big jump at my last race in practice. I sheared all of the rivets off. threw a whole bunch into the motor. take it apart, make sure all the pieces are out of the motor. I got a motoworks clutch because my stock one was absolutely destroyed. You might be able to salvage yours though.

xrxmxcx
09-02-2009, 07:46 PM
from jumping that thing it sheared the rivets off? why does that sound odd, did you downshift off that 105' at mx207 mark?

blaster99
09-03-2009, 04:49 AM
nah i landed actually pretty smooth on the spectator and it just felt like the chain fell off. I was told that would happen from landing too hard on the gas. You can see a few of mine were definitely broken before because the holes are kinda egg shaped.