Pappy
09-02-2009, 01:41 PM

JR3
09-02-2009, 01:42 PM
thats it? come on paps thats just a flesh wound solider

quad2xtreme
09-02-2009, 01:47 PM
ouch...

I'll be honest, I opened the thread with high expectations though. ;)

When my brother sends me an email with the subject line "Nice eh?", he means it. :p

Pappy
09-02-2009, 01:48 PM
The entire purple portion is a huge flap of meat that school pushed back over and wrapepd up...kind of disappointed, I should have recieved a call on this one.

Off to the docs

kawabunga
09-02-2009, 02:10 PM
So what happened?

kawabunga
09-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Nevermind, just saw it on your other post. That's gotta smart, I don't care how tough you are.

godzilla
09-02-2009, 02:22 PM
So let me get this straight...half his figer is sliced off , and the first thing you think of is " I gotta take a picture of this, take a few minutes to post this on an ATV forum" all the while probably bleeding through three towels as you type.

Geez... :huh

Honda#4
09-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Taking to many pictures there Pap:devil:

dns1764
09-02-2009, 03:26 PM
i just started a thread of injuries. thats a nice one

Pappy
09-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by godzilla
So let me get this straight...half his figer is sliced off , and the first thing you think of is " I gotta take a picture of this, take a few minutes to post this on an ATV forum" all the while probably bleeding through three towels as you type.

Geez... :huh

No, but I had to wait to get ahold of the wife and inform her of what was going on:p

This happened at 11 am during school, so another 15 or 20 minutes wasnt killing him.

And yes, we pretty much document all the injuries:p

Pappy
09-02-2009, 05:11 PM
No breaks, no stitches...Doc said just alot of tissue damage. They cleaned it well and we got some antibiotics. Infection was my greatest concern, ever since his surgery, they have told us to pay close attention to any open wounds and to get them treated at once so we listened.

This weeks practice is shot, this weekends riding is shot and the National is up in the air:ermm: He has only been waiting a year to get back to racing:scary:

416exfreak
09-02-2009, 05:26 PM
How did he manage that one?

Pappy
09-02-2009, 05:33 PM
In weight class, they were changing weights on the squat machine when the other kid pulled his off instead of leaving them on:huh Cody was in the process of picking up more weight when it came crashing down on him.

Im cool with the school not calling for the most part, but boy is the wife HOT! Its pretty nasty....and looks to be sore as hell. Just glad its all basically superficial and should heal fairly quick. As long as no infection gets in there we should be good to go soon.

ridered11
09-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Why would you rack weight while someone is holding the weight up?

wvspeedfreak
09-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Ouch!Glad nothing got broke.

madskrillz2
09-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
In weight class, they were changing weights on the squat machine when the other kid pulled his off instead of leaving them on:huh Cody was in the process of picking up more weight when it came crashing down on him.

Im cool with the school not calling for the most part, but boy is the wife HOT! Its pretty nasty....and looks to be sore as hell. Just glad its all basically superficial and should heal fairly quick. As long as no infection gets in there we should be good to go soon.

Whew he's lucky! I had something like that happen to me during baseball lifts. I was doing fly's on a bench and didn't realize someone had left another set of dumbbells under the bench. Well, I set my weights down on top of them and my index finger got SMASHED. What was so disgusting is it squished blood out of my finger like a popped zit or something. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. Luckily it didn't break anything and looked a lot worse than it really was.

tri5ron
09-02-2009, 07:37 PM
OUCH!
keep it soaked in Vitamin E, if you've never tried it, you'll be amazed how much faster and better it will heal up.

Just poke a needle in vitamin E capsules, and squeeze out the juice directly on, an into the wound. works wonders.

maybe this season's racing can be salvaged.

madskrillz2
09-02-2009, 07:41 PM
You know you can just buy a bottle of liquid vitamin E?

Pappy
09-02-2009, 07:45 PM
If the skin dries quickly and the underlying skin can toughen, he should be able to make the GNCC. He asked the Doc to cut it all off so it would heal faster:p

They gave us some liquid to soak it in daily....did not look at whats in it but it is supposed to promote healing.

tri5ron
09-02-2009, 08:15 PM
If the skin dries quickly and the underlying skin can toughen, he should be able to make the GNCC. He asked the Doc to cut it all off so it would heal faster:p

They gave us some liquid to soak it in daily....did not look at whats in it but it is supposed to promote healing.
they probably gave him Silvadeen (sp?) cream.
that's good stuff too, but the vitamin e can be used also, with the doc's cream. wont hurt a thing.

416exfreak
09-03-2009, 08:27 AM

My friend had the end of his ring finger get taken off in a similair accident in 8th grade..

We use free weights at my high school, so if something happens, its basically your own fault.:ermm:

Pappy
09-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Just got a call from the guy who reads the xrays...thumb is fractured at the base:ermm:

kawabunga
09-03-2009, 11:28 AM
^^ That's no fun. Might put a damper on the quick heal.

Quad18star
09-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Crappy news. I hope the recovery goes well and quickly.

For some reason my medium rare bacon wrapped fillet mignon doesn't look quite as appetizing anymore ... but damnit I'm hungry. ;)

Pappy
09-03-2009, 12:20 PM
C'mon Greg, i've eaten dinner within 3 feet of a still smoldering corpse, you can handle it:p

Pappy
09-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by kawabunga
^^ That's no fun. Might put a damper on the quick heal.

I asked, he said 2 or 3 weeks and he should be ok. I will leave it up to CJ, he knows his limitations

jesseweaver
09-03-2009, 12:36 PM
a bracelet :confused: he's a quad rider not a model :rolleyes:

Pappy
09-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
a bracelet :confused: he's a quad rider not a model :rolleyes:

Your free to take that up with him in person:p

Quad18star
09-03-2009, 12:57 PM
C'mon Greg, i've eaten dinner within 3 feet of a still smoldering corpse, you can handle it:p

Meh .. I ate it anyways . LOL

Kinda had my doubt ... but that first bite sealed the deal . Unless it's puke or snot , not a whole lot other that gross' me out.

Quad18star
09-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Your free to take that up with him in person:p

" Hey sissy , what's with the bracelet"

Whammm! Lights out . ;)

Pappy
09-03-2009, 01:02 PM
haha could happen like that....I was thinking more along the lines he would show him a Lance Armstrong, 88 Live to ride, POW/MIA or similiar item.