PDA

View Full Version : sponcers

dcarter
09-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Okay parents!
If you are out there looking for sponcers here is a few tips.
1. when you send out info on your child, keep it short and to the point. Do not list every race he or she has been in. People in the business do not take the time to pour over every word written.
2.State your goals for the next year and be honest and to the point. If you are running local's tell them that and if you are going to run the nationals tell them how many you are going to run.
3.while your kid may be the fastest at the local tracks most business's know what the competion is like at the national's. Belive me there is a big difference between local's and nat's.
That is not to say your kid is not fast, just be prepared when you go.
4.one of the biggest things i hear from people in the business is that they never here back from the people they help. Even it is only a small amount of help, send them pic's they love that kid of stuff. keep them up to date by e-mail.
5. if you get help from some one stay with them and it will get better as you go. Do not hop around trying to get stuff from every one. Most business's in this sport talk to each other and they know who the hoppers are.
Remember, be honest, be to the point and stay with the people who help you even if it is just a little. Remember they are taking money out of there pocket to help you child.
just a few thoughts. Dave

#404's Dad
09-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Pretty much the same stuff I had others in the industry tell me a couple years ago when I was building Trevor's resume.

Short, Sweet and to The Point!!

cole shake 32
09-02-2009, 01:53 PM
We used Frontline Industries he had some nice layouts and i didnt have to do any thing but give him basic info and pictures and he did the rest and it turned out really nice and to the point his number is 330-853-8070

dcarter
09-02-2009, 05:03 PM
how are the edt nat's going. i know roy has worked hard at them this year. I miss running them, but my sons wanted to jump to moto cross. congrats, trevor!!! good job.
p.s. all of you tt riders stay tuned we are coming out with light weight stuff for tt bikes this fall!!!!

ward27
09-02-2009, 05:15 PM
the biggest thing kids can do to get exposure is race at national events. be polite and repectful to all .there was one kid that didnt even know existed but i was looking to give him a full ride on my team next year ,until i saw how he talked to his father so i quickly changed my mind and gave another kid the opporunity and it was the best decision. keep in mind if you cant sell your self you will never sell someones products for them which is the only reason people sponser riders

#404's Dad
09-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by dcarter
how are the edt nat's going. i know roy has worked hard at them this year. I miss running them, but my sons wanted to jump to moto cross. congrats, trevor!!! good job.
p.s. all of you tt riders stay tuned we are coming out with light weight stuff for tt bikes this fall!!!!

The EDT has been going pretty well, getting smaller each event it seems but all in all its been a good year imho.

I will pass the Congrats on to Trevor for ya, Thanks.

Hmmm Light Weight stuff huh? Where do I send Trevor's resume to lol? We are running quite a bit of light weight stuff this year already but we are always looking for lighter and better stuff for sure. Making stuff from Ti? We have TI arms this year and OMG they weigh Nothing!!

If you can Dave send me a PM here or on my site and fill me in on what is gonna be available so I can maybe work it into our plans for 2010.

Thanks, Corey