PDA

View Full Version : 250 Mod class

national #9
09-02-2009, 11:54 AM
What do you guys think about a 250 four stroke mod class, for the kids that need somthing better then the oems put out, but aren't ready to step up to the 450 class. They could bike motors in aftermarket frames, same as the super mini, or the 90 mods.

ALAMX37
09-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Think it costs way way to much to build.

dehner47
09-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
Think it costs way way to much to build.

maybe for you to build. but i'm sure there are plenty of people willing to spend the money on a bad@$$ 250 stroker. cause most likely the person riding a 250 thumper, would be having his or her parents pay for the build and the racing. just like most kids do in mini classes now.

Nick's #1 Fan
09-02-2009, 03:14 PM
They have done the class split in the WORCS series. There is a water cooled class and a production class. That way people can still get into the class on a raptor 250 or they can spend the money to build a water cooled 250.

In the water cooled class there are 2 JB mod's with 250 motors in them as well as a laeger chassis with a yz250 and the Apex 250 all running against each other. It is a good class to watch race there are some very talented kids riding those bikes.

They split the class mid year due to the big gap in performance of the production and the mod 250's.

There is even a 250r chasis with a 250 4 stk running in the 450 class because the rider isn't old enough to ride a 450 but he has the skills to lead the pack on his 250.

If you have some specific questions about their builds send me an email and I can get you in touch with a couple of the builders. 2 of them for sure on on this website.
Chris

national #9
09-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I thought it was a good Idea when I saw it on kidsonquads.com, it fills a gap for the smaller faster riders, that are to small for the 450's or the 400's, but are way to fast for the raptors, or300ex's. There are a couple of them on the kids on quads site, with rmz 250 motors in them.

300ex_#387
09-02-2009, 05:40 PM
When I ran the youth class around here a few years ago on my 300ex they let the 250f's run with us. They were all 250f yamaha motors in 400ex frames. They flat out hauled and dominated the youth class. I had a very built 300ex motor and they would stomp me on the holeshot. I think this would be an awesome idea. It really wouldn't be anymore expensive than building a race ready 450 except for getting a 250f motor to bolt up.

QuadJunkies
09-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Nick's #1 Fan
They have done the class split in the WORCS series. There is a water cooled class and a production class. That way people can still get into the class on a raptor 250 or they can spend the money to build a water cooled 250.

In the water cooled class there are 2 JB mod's with 250 motors in them as well as a laeger chassis with a yz250 and the Apex 250 all running against each other. It is a good class to watch race there are some very talented kids riding those bikes.

They split the class mid year due to the big gap in performance of the production and the mod 250's.

There is even a 250r chasis with a 250 4 stk running in the 450 class because the rider isn't old enough to ride a 450 but he has the skills to lead the pack on his 250.

If you have some specific questions about their builds send me an email and I can get you in touch with a couple of the builders. 2 of them for sure on on this website.
Chris
I was glad to see they split things up.
Man Cole sure is getting smokin fast!:macho

The one thing I can say about Hybrids is they really cool, but can get very expensive- and the cost doesnt end on the build itself. They need LOTS of maintenence and TLC and a fat wallet! :p