PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded the EX

ouhockeyplayer
09-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Decided it was time to ad some long travel a arms and an axle to complement. Sorry the pictures are not the greatest quality as I took them with my cell phone. A arms are Houser long travel. Shocks are Elkas and the axle is G Force. I am debating on whether or not to race cut the fenders now. I kind of like the fenders either way. Let me know what you guys think.

ouhockeyplayer
09-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Sorry picture didn't work

ouhockeyplayer
09-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Rear end

rodeo#11
09-02-2009, 11:19 AM
looks pretty solid. how much did it run you all together and where did you get them???

rinaldi
09-02-2009, 11:36 AM
I am after a similar suspension upgrade. Where and what did you pay for the long travel setup? Did you get a rear Elka shock as well? Which fronts did you go with? Did your stock rims/tires fit on the front or did you go aftermarket? I read that the stock size won't fit with the long travel.

ouhockeyplayer
09-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks. I think I have roughly $1500 into the entire upgrade. I got the long travel a arms from motosport.com on clearance for $700. The axle came from RockymountainATV and was $200. The shocks (Quadrouple rate long travel rec series) (MX valved) came from worldwideperformance1.com and were $570. The brake lines were from Houser Racing and were like $80 I think. It took me about three nights after work to get everything because I ran into some snags along the way with getting the right tools and bleeding the brakes. I highly suggest you purchase a vaccum bleeder to aid in bleeding the brakes (only took a couple minutes doing it this way. I'm going to get some better pictures up soon so you can see the quad better without the blur.

ouhockeyplayer
09-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Oh and the rear shock is still stock. I'm looking to upgrade it later with a GT Thunder upgrade. Is anyone running the GT Thunder revalved and sprung stock shock? Interested in how it works. The douglas red label wheels and holeshot MX tires worked fine on this setup. I imagine any wheel with the same bolt battern as stock will work on this setup as you can use your stock spindle and hubs.

rinaldi
09-02-2009, 02:08 PM
When did you buy the A Arms from Motosport? I got the catalog showing them for $665, but I called and they said they are $799 and cannot tell me when they changed or if they changed pricing? That is still the best pricing I can find. Also are the shocks piggyback with compression and rebound?

ouhockeyplayer
09-03-2009, 09:49 AM
I apologize. I got the a arms for $799 but only paid $699 because I had a gift card. The shocks are pre load adjustable only. I would have upgraded but the wife was getting annoyed with all the money I was spending on the quad. Had to find a compromise.

Honda#4
09-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Looks really good.