PDA

View Full Version : vibration

alberto
09-01-2009, 10:58 PM
how much vibration should I be having? I just went down a tooth on the front sprocket and since then the bike vibrates like crazy. In first gear on take off. Once I get into the higher gears it seems to lessen but it still rattles more then normal. What causing it and how do I fix it.

tri5ron
09-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi Alberto,
That seems strange to me.
I can't imagine why just a one tooth primary sprocket change would cause more vibration.
stupid question here,...
but are you SURE everything is straight and tight ?

matt14c
09-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Is it coming from the front or back or vibration through the motor? Did you retighten the carrier bolts on the swingarm?

alberto
09-02-2009, 11:00 PM
yeah, I made sure everything was tight. The vibration seems to be coming from the front end. Feels like the plastics are going to rattle off. The weird thing is I dont feel it in the handle bars as much.

I will start off in first at a low speed. Then I accelerate the rattle lessens but is still there. As I go into higher gears it seems to go away.

I did tight the bearing carrier as well. Cause I replaced it with an aftermarket MOD QUAD. Hope this helps in diagnosing this annoying little rattle

Thanks for the imput and questions.

tri5ron
09-02-2009, 11:10 PM
is it a vibration, or a rattle?
maybe a loose footpeg, nerf bar, skid plate, bumper bolt, ???
what bolt-on's do you have?
pics?

matt14c
09-02-2009, 11:15 PM
If its up front and not in the stem then you will have to check your Wheels and hubs. Check lug nuts, the castle nut that holds your hubs on and the wheel bearings. Lift the front end up and then grab the top of the tire/wheel and try to move sideways. It shouldnt have any play. That should help you determine if the wheel bearings are bad. Could have a bent wheel also.

alberto
09-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Sorry. Its a vibaration not a rattle. Just before this riding season I tighted everything up even used blue lock-tite.

I will check the wheels, hubs, bearing carrier and anything else that might be loose.