PDA

View Full Version : Scrambles in Washington!

FlyinRed
11-21-2001, 09:15 AM
Well last Sunday was my first race. Actually there were 6 of us there that raced for the first time. We hauled in the night before and there was no one else there, we figured there would be at least some people there. We got our camp situated and stayed up way too late (about 1 am). Then people started showing up at 5:30 in the morning. I heard them and couldn’t go back to sleep, too nervous. Before long it was time to pay our gate fees and register etc. Then the practice came. I was pretty nervous; I had never been on a track, let alone racing against anyone before. They gave 2 practice runs at 3 laps and I was tired after that. There were enough racers for over 50 races, the racing started at about 11 and the quads are always put to the back. I was in race 35 and 50 (or something) in the preliminaries, so I had to wait a long time before racing. I entered two classes, 400cc and the –30 yr. old Unlimited class. The first race was the unlimiteds; I entered this to be able to race against bb69 and his brother. I actually pulled second in that race, while bb and his brother got 4th and 5th (I think). I was pretty excited about that. My next race was the 400 cc and I pulled second (yes behind a girl, I think she was even 15, she had a really nice bike and had raced before). I was pretty excited about my finishes and more so that no one in our group had gotten hurt, or broke their bikes. After the prelims were over, the sponcers had some raffles and got right on posting the line-ups for the finals. Everyone advances to the finals; your finishing in the preliminaries just dictates whom your running against (if there are enough racers for separate heats in your class). In the finals I took 4th, BB69 got 5th and his brother got 6th in the unlimiteds. In the 400cc I pulled another second. I think I lost to that girls brother, who also looked about 16. We had lots of family and friends there and we all had a good time and still none of us got hurt, just wore out. The next race is on December second and I think most of us will be there. Oh and thank you Rahn for brining your toy hauler out for us to

FlyinRed
11-21-2001, 09:15 AM
more pics

FlyinRed
11-21-2001, 09:16 AM
Rahn starting

FlyinRed
11-21-2001, 09:18 AM
Rahn Racing

FlyinRed
11-21-2001, 09:20 AM
BB69Nova (On the yellow shee) and his brother (on the furthest blue shee)

11-21-2001, 09:21 AM
Well congrats on the top finish's,,,I'm assuming the guy on the purple bike with the roll design arms and axis shocks was winning most of the races???

Always remember that riding smooth=fast,,,and ride smart don't push yourself to getting hurt,,,if somebody is in front of you,,odds are they'll make a mistake somewere and you can pass,,if your up front hug the corners don't go wide,,unless you have to,,to pick up speed to clear a jump. but it sounds like you got everything under control....next time get to bed early and you might get 1st..:D

FlyinRed
11-21-2001, 09:21 AM
Hitting the first jump

FlyinRed
11-21-2001, 09:26 AM
Thanks Rico, the rider of the purple 400 was a 15 yr old girl, her dad (standing next to her) raced the bike too. The flag dropped and I was right on her till the first corner, and then she was gone. I found out later that her family races at Seattle Intrnational Raceway and a few other circuts throughout the year. I'm lookin for ways too lower and widen my bike too. I think I'm going to start flattracking too.:blah

11-21-2001, 12:22 PM
You guys are MONEY! Good job, I hope I can go and spank you next time!

FlyinRed
11-21-2001, 12:24 PM
I hope so too, Brad B might ride too.

11-21-2001, 12:37 PM
Well the first things you could do that will make a big difference is get a wider axle and smaller MX tires front and back,,,this will help out tremedously. And won't cost too much,,won't be cheap but will help you too be more competitive,,,and for the front end a quick way to widen it up is wheel spacers, which I have some for sale, these make a difference big time and will hold you over until you get money for a front end,,that's what I did.

rhandw69
11-21-2001, 01:00 PM
Yeah it was alot of fun that day, my legs are still quite sore but it was well worth it.
Everybody ran good, and thankfully nobody got hurt. I managed to place last in all my qualifiers however i was able to win the main in the masters class. So that was cool i thought. In the 4 stroke open class i had a good battle with the 3rd place racer the whole race, but he was able to beat me to the finish line thanks to a couple of miss shifts and poor cornereing on my part. But i cant complain, it was by far the best weekend i had riding in a long long time.
It looks like ill miss the next couple of races, but i really look forward to getting out there again.
Rhan

Tommy 17
11-21-2001, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by FlyinRed
Thanks Rico, the rider of the purple 400 was a 15 yr old girl, her dad (standing next to her) raced the bike too.

thats kool how that girl won it shows that a girl can ride. i like that 400 is sweet i think. def a tight ride.the only thing i think is just halarious about it is the roll design lobo 2 front end thats 2500$ the platic is nice everything else is sweet and if u look its has a stock bumper. thats just funny to me bc they have all that money into it and didn't even put on a 60$ bumper.

thats awesome how its under a roof like that even though that roof looks beat to :devil and back haha. how big is that track if its all under that building it has to be kinda small. u will do good just get a axle it makes such a difference. next time go to bed too.

BradB
11-21-2001, 07:55 PM
Hey Scott were those the pictures I took?

11-23-2001, 02:47 AM
Where were the races held, Puyallup? I would like to know perhaps I will show up a time or two!

BradB
11-23-2001, 09:06 PM
They are in ROY by Raineer.
www.oakwoodracing.com

FlyinRed
12-03-2001, 09:23 AM
Yesterday was my second race. It was just Me, BB69NOVA and one of his friends. They fliped the track exactily mirrored from last time, so all turs except 1 were lefts. I think we were just as fast as last time though. I snuck in 3 practice runs and got a chance to work out which gear I was going to start in. I raced the -30 yrs. old and 4stroke classes. In the -30, the three of us pulled 1, 2, 3 (BB's friend, me then BB) in the heat race. That was pretty cool. BB's friend has been riding about 3 times longer than BB and I put together. In the fourstroke class, I got 3rd due to being pushed off the track a little and missing a shift. In the first Finals race (-30 class) I wrecked pretty good. I came outta the first turn behind BB and drifted to the outside to pass him there in the doubles and got too close to the wall and flipped the bike. I jumped up, got it turned around and started off again, but I didn't notice that a $5 tie rod was bent into a U. :mad: My day was over. I went home after bb's last race was over and Iced my leg (that went into the end of the hamdelbars). I guess a little more practice, reinforced tierods and a searing damper will get em next time.

Next race is on the 6th of January 2002.

Sorry, no pics. Just plain old analog video.

Blackguywithouta400
12-03-2001, 10:08 AM
Go gettem baby go for broke :D Glad your ok from your wreck, You might want to replace those tie rod ends while your down there:devil

ps: I finally add a signature :devil

FlyinRed
12-03-2001, 10:22 AM