PDA

View Full Version : Someone deserves to be shot....

elite ATV1
09-01-2009, 09:19 PM
WTF is wrong with some people (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C4-Vette-Clunked_702277.htm)

Comments suggested

09-01-2009, 09:28 PM
I wouldnt drive it however thats a shame. There were many classic cars that could have been restored so I guess those nice classic cars you see just became more rare. Cash for clunkers might have been the dumbest idea ever. 80% bought Foreign vehicles and the top 5 bought were Honda and Toyota. They should have said you turn in your car and have to purchase an American vehicle.

elite ATV1
09-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
I wouldnt drive it however thats a shame. There were many classic cars that could have been restored so I guess those nice classic cars you see just became more rare. Cash for clunkers might have been the dumbest idea ever. 80% bought Foreign vehicles and the top 5 bought were Honda and Toyota. They should have said you turn in your car and have to purchase an American vehicle. Or at least you have to buy the same make of vehicle that you took in. and its also lame as chit that they completely destroy what you bring in instead of parting out what you can then smashing em

fastredrider44
09-01-2009, 09:47 PM
One of our local dealerships had a very clean low mile Jeep Cherokee that had a 4.0 and they blew it up for this Cash for Clunkers thing that has to be the dumbest thing ever.

People that can't afford nice cars, turn in their clunkers and get a f car payment they can't afford. Then, We the taxpayers get to pay for it. :mad:

elite ATV1
09-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
One of our local dealerships had a very clean low mile Jeep Cherokee that had a 4.0 and they blew it up for this Cash for Clunkers thing that has to be the dumbest thing ever.

People that can't afford nice cars, turn in their clunkers and get a f car payment they can't afford. Then, We the taxpayers get to pay for it. :mad:

yeah its complete b.s no matter how we look at it, its a lose lose situation

matt14c
09-01-2009, 10:00 PM
That is true I mean most people that can afford to do so dont normally drive crap so when your asking low income people to come in and buy a new car is just bad.

Well atleast alot of people will be able to get alot of nice low mileage cars at the repo auctions in a couple months!:p

elite ATV1
09-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Lol i guess you could look at it that way but who the hell wants a hyundai or kia...:confused:

09-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by elite ATV1
Lol i guess you could look at it that way but who the hell wants a hyundai or kia...:confused:

lol did you not read my post about the top 5 cars boughten were Honda and Toyota? I have the list somewhere of the actual cars bought. Toyota Corolla I think was #1.

F-16Guy
09-02-2009, 07:33 AM
I agree that it wasn't a good idea simply because the Federal Government has no business bailing any one or any thing out.

That aside, the CFC program had nothing to do with saving domestic auto makers. It was about taking low MPG vehicles off the road and replacing them with higher MPG vehicles. The idea was respectable, but the execution was pretty poor.

CNC_guy
09-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
I wouldnt drive it however thats a shame. There were many classic cars that could have been restored so I guess those nice classic cars you see just became more rare. Cash for clunkers might have been the dumbest idea ever. 80% bought Foreign vehicles and the top 5 bought were Honda and Toyota. They should have said you turn in your car and have to purchase an American vehicle.

An American vehicle? You mean one of the big 3 that have parts made all over creation but not that many in America anymore? The ones that cut American suppliers throats in favor of cheap labor in foreign countries?

Toyota puts food on my table and gas in my quad. The big three pulled out on us a looong time ago. They took all their stuff that we did to Mexico, Canada and over seas. Toyota came into KY and they've been smart enough to use local stamping shops which in turn uses small tool & die shops like us. We've also done some work for Honda vehicles but not nearly as much as Toyota. That's just a small part of the manufacturing they've brought in....manufacturing that keeps the doors open and food on a lot of American's tables.

buck440
09-02-2009, 09:51 AM
what was he pouring in it? are they suppose to do that for the cash for clunkers deal?

Quad18star
09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by buck440
what was he pouring in it? are they suppose to do that for the cash for clunkers deal?

It's sodium silicate .

buck440
09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
This cash for clunkers has got to be the most stupidest ******* idea yet. If i had the money i'd be out of this dumbass country in a heartbeat.

CNC_guy
09-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by buck440
If i had the money i'd be out of this dumbass country in a heartbeat.

The fact that you would be considered rich in about 90% of the other countries in the world tells me that money or lack of money is not your reason for staying here.

Which 450?
09-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Wow, some of you guys are very uneducated in the matter.

09-02-2009, 01:23 PM
I agree, that cash for clunkers is a horrible idea. But as far as all the japanese car companies getting the sales,

What do you consider Japenese and American anymore? Every American vehicle we've owned, has either been made in Mexico or Canada. Not America and I haven't seen many that actually are made in America.

On the other hand, most foreign car manufacturer's build vehicles here in America. My 400ex was made in South Carolina and many other so called "Japanese" car companies make cars here in America.

09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Oh wow just noticed CNC guy already mentioned that. Sorry, but still it's the truth.

As a matter of fact, our two current vehicles, a grand cherokee and a GMC pickup, say made in mexico.
As well as our Dodge Ram.

Which 450?
09-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
I agree, that cash for clunkers is a horrible idea. But as far as all the japanese car companies getting the sales,

What do you consider Japenese and American anymore? Every American vehicle we've owned, has either been made in Mexico or Canada. Not America and I haven't seen many that actually are made in America.

On the other hand, most foreign car manufacturer's build vehicles here in America. My 400ex was made in South Carolina and many other so called "Japanese" car companies make cars here in America.

That and someone said something about tax payers paying for people who cant afford their cars??

cosinostra
09-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Buy American ,,,,, Buy a Toyota.. They have put more money into this country and created more jobs than any of the big 3 ....

I have a "klunker" 97 Silverado that runs and looks great and it's also been paid off for a long time... I thought about trading her in but found out they would destroy it...... Not my baby. It's been too good to me.... Gonna keep it forever..

Gonna probably buy the Toyota Tundra that's made in Texas!!! Looked at the GM trucks and would like to have one, but I just can't bring myself to support a company that is destroying my country.... Made everywhere except the US.

Old Head
09-02-2009, 05:01 PM
The car shoulda struck back and threw a rod threw his head.

k4f5x0r
09-02-2009, 05:07 PM
dont get whats so special about corvettes anyway. especially that model.. quite ugly :ermm: JMO dont flame the hell outta me :o

Quad18star
09-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
dont get whats so special about corvettes anyway. especially that model.. quite ugly :ermm: JMO dont flame the hell outta me :o

You're not alone ... don't worry. Other than the new Vettes I have never been fond of them.

Exrider434
09-02-2009, 05:53 PM
cash for clunkers kinda screwed all 16 and 17 year olds looking for a car.....

I happen to be one of them.

I woulda been more than happy to drive many of the cars or trucks i saw out there, as i work at a dealership. Its insane the amount of decent condition cars that had to be scrapped.

fastredrider44
09-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Which 450?
That and someone said something about tax payers paying for people who cant afford their cars??

The idea is that my money is constantly being used to bail somebody else out, for instance, the banks that loaned the money to the person that can't afford the car. But since you are so educated on the subject, enlighten us on what good this is doing for America.

wvspeedfreak
09-02-2009, 06:45 PM
I feel that the "cash for clunkers" program is going to have serious repercussions.In a year from now when even more people lose their jobs and can't pay for these new cars what is going to happen?The banks are going to be repo'ing a boat load of cars and sitting on them like they did houses :ermm:
I have a feeling alot of folks are going to wish they had those "clunkers" that were paid for back again.

79400ex
09-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I feel that the "cash for clunkers" program is going to have serious repercussions.In a year from now when even more people lose their jobs and can't pay for these new cars what is going to happen?The banks are going to be repo'ing a boat load of cars and sitting on them like they did houses :ermm:
I have a feeling alot of folks are going to wish they had those "clunkers" that were paid for back again.

you are probably wright.

Pappy
09-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak

That pretty much sums up how I see it.

I stopped by our local Jeep dealer yesterday to shoot the breeze with a salesman I know. They had ZERO new vehicles on the lot...none, nada ziltch.

They had 1/2 of the Used Car inventory as usual. He said they couldnt keep enough new vehicles in stock during the cash for clunkers program. He stated sales were great, but now they have nothing to sell and since noone is getting the bonus money noone is buying anyway. He stated that they will get alot of new models in now that will sit. They had 8 salesman last year, they have two now. They have cut their mechanics crew in half as well and this is after taking over another dodge dealers business that was "closed" in all this mess.

I'll run my clunkers till they dont run no more....they are paid for:p

TheIceMan
09-02-2009, 07:48 PM
What a waste.I still cant figure out why all the CFC vehicles had to be destroyed vs parted out to salvage yards,etc.:confused:

Pappy
09-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by TheIceMan
What a waste.I still cant figure out why all the CFC vehicles had to be destroyed vs parted out to salvage yards,etc.:confused:

Because the Chinese cant turn a profit unless they get to buy the scrap first! They come first remember that!!!

TheIceMan
09-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Because the Chinese cant turn a profit unless they get to buy the scrap first! They come first remember that!!!

Oh...mah senility took over for a while there...
I too will be keeping my 'clunker',not having an extra payment is pretty nice.

Exrider434
09-02-2009, 09:14 PM

Most of them are parted out to salvage yards, the motors must be siezed, tires cut, and frame crushed. Everything else ends up at some junkyard.

ZeroLogic
09-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by 79400ex
you are probably wright.

Cars not airplanes.

From what I heard, dealerships would get rid of the cars cheap during this program. IE: $4,500 bucks from the gov, $4,000 from the dealership itself. And little bonuses. Now these little cars weren't all that expensive. Figure 21 grand for a new one then subtract $9,000 to that. Figure they put down a 2k downpayment. also. Now your at 10 grand, for a brand new car. Throw a five year loan on that bad boy and your looking at to about less than 200 smackers a month. I know a few places around here we're doing that.

Only time will tell though, if people can hold to their jobs I'm sure this program will work out. If not, I can pick up a nice low mileage 09 2010 for cheap.

Now they should keep everything from 05 and up with low miles and sell that over again.

416exfreak
09-03-2009, 08:34 AM
That particular body style of Vette never struck me as very nice.

The stingray was the sickest looking Vette, along with the C5 and C6's.:o

Im not even a chevy fan, but seeing them kill that car hurt a little.

They'd have to take my F100 from my dead hands. No way in hell I'd let them have her.:scary:

Ghost-Rider
09-03-2009, 06:33 PM
All these videos are stupid, I work at a dealership, and none of our clunkers last that long. I'm pretty sure these videos are of shops that aren't draining all the oil, our cars last about 4 seconds tops.

KxFer656
09-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Those vettes suck anyways, That whole generation of vettes did. a c5 I'd maybe shed a tear. anyways who cares

400ex28
09-07-2009, 12:24 PM

they have been siting them out here at the junkyards for people to get parts off of lol then smashing them.