PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for parts?

ProspectorJim
09-01-2009, 08:51 PM
I keep reading how people are waiting weeks, even months, for parts/service.
Post up your experiences with ordering parts.

My latest experience came when I needed some new fiber plates. Ordered my fibers and a service manual last friday and somehow got them both today. I've never had to wait more than a week for parts to come in.

TNT
09-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Order two coolant temp sensor last Monday had them last Friday, 1 week no prob...I have never waited more than a week either. :confused:

blaster99
09-02-2009, 05:02 AM
same here, my dealer, marks motorsports in Enfield ct, gets everything within a week, most of them time, just a few days.

Racers Dad 37
09-02-2009, 05:48 AM
blaster99, Is correct Mark's Motorsports is what every dealer should be! anything we order is in 2 -3 days and if badly needed and I call early have got things in a day and everyone on Mark's team is on the same page willing to help be it parts, info. and Support.

xrxmxcx
09-02-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm pretty sure like said in the 2 last posts, some of the best dealerships in New England are Mark's Motorsports, and Columbia Motorsports. I don't know what other dealers do, but every part we have ordered from BRP comes in 1-2 days tops! Hand's down great service!

craigmacphee
09-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Sounds like you guys have what every consumer wishes they had after the sale. ...an incredible dealer!

I have had a service manual on order from my dealer since April 15th, a clutch update since mid-MAY, a set of nerfs since mid-may, and some handlebar wind deflectors since the first part of July. All have been paid for since the date of order, but none have made it to the dealer.

I feel like I am trapped. I live in the middle of nowhere and the closest dealer is 2 hours away. You guys that have a good dealer, count your blessings.

Craig

TNT
09-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by craigmacphee
Sounds like you guys have what every consumer wishes they had after the sale. ...an incredible dealer!

I have had a service manual on order from my dealer since April 15th, a clutch update since mid-MAY, a set of nerfs since mid-may, and some handlebar wind deflectors since the first part of July. All have been paid for since the date of order, but none have made it to the dealer.

I feel like I am trapped. I live in the middle of nowhere and the closest dealer is 2 hours away. You guys that have a good dealer, count your blessings.

Craig

Why don't you cancell the orders you placed call one of the ones above including mine Marine World, Wichita, KS, and get them to ship direct, then in the future always order through a good dealer? :confused:

xrxmxcx
09-03-2009, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if your stuff was lost in translation at the dealership. Give them a call and see what happened, because of the top of my head I know that none of those are back-ordered products and any dealership that says they are should probably close their doors.

andiboy123
09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
here in puerto rico service is the worse thanks to tis forum and TNT i met Marine world in KS their guy, Deven, nicest guy to talk, im in Puerto Rico, and i call and pay and my parts are in my house from 3 to 5 days. its not who you deal with is you choose to deal with, here are options , i have pay for all my recall bc i apcept i have the best ride in the market and after getting all parts done, no atv step close to this one.

Harkes2k
09-03-2009, 05:36 PM
BCS Performance out in Springfield MA can get everything in a day or two also... They are ordering stuff from Can-Am all the time so if you need stuff give them a shout!

www.bcsperformance.com

craigmacphee
09-03-2009, 07:18 PM
TNT:

Because I already paid for the stuff in full. I guess I could always demand they credit my account.

TNT
09-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Craig, first I’d call some of those places above and see if I could find the parts to see if there truly is a shortage. If I found them available I’d call the accounts manager at the dealership you have them ordered and tell them they are available and if they can not get them(factory or dealer swap) to you in the same timely manner that the other dealers can and for the same cost to credit your card back immediately. If the accounts manager gives you a hard time then I’d go speak with the general manager. If all else fails talk to your credit card company and see what you can do to dispute the charges which is costing you interest. The amount of time you are waiting is ridiculous! 3-4 months, I had my manual in 1-week and you need the clutch update before it gets worse.

Marine World is close to you in KS, Devin, 316-265-2628. Tell em TNT said to take care of ya! :D

craigmacphee
09-09-2009, 05:01 PM
An update on the parts...

TNT...Thanks for the advice. Not sure if you know where MI is though, but it is in Michigan. That's about 15-18 hours from your dealer. You westerners (west of the Mississippi) have a different idea of what just down the road means than us Yankees do. LOL :)

I went to the dealership in person today. To my surprise (not really) the General Manager, Parts Manager, and my salesman were all replaced 3 weeks ago. I hate seeing anyone lose their job but it DOES explain a whole helluva lot about what I have been dealing with.

When I went to check on the status of my clutch update parts, I went to the service desk. On top of the desk I see a note that says, "Call Craig, and my phone number." When I asked what that was about, the service manager was clueless about it, then said, "Oh bro, that must mean your stuff came in...." Sure as hell, it was there in a box. I just wonder how long that had been sitting there.

I then walked up to the parts counter to see where my service manual, X Team racer shirts, nerf bar piece, and wind deflector's were. The kid I ordered the stuff from asked me if that stuff was all warranty stuff or what? I was like....WTF are you talking about? I explained it was all stuff I had paid for in advance. Then one of the guys piped up and said that there were some shirts in the back. Ok, we were getting somewhere. he walked back and brought out my 2 shirts and nerf bar piece. Then he told me the Manual must have been there so long they sent it back. When I asked how that could have happened, and explained they were supposed to mail it to me when it came in, he pulled up my digital receipt on their computer. Sure as heck, it said on the bottom to ship the stuff to my address when it came in, PAID IN FULL. Technology is awesome these days....

Needless to say, they did not have my manual or wind deflectors. So, he checked parts inventory where they get the parts from and low and behold, they have the items there and available.

While he was online with them, I had him check to see if they had the additional stuff needed to make my clutch a brand new clutch. (The stuff that did not come with the update) They had the stuff there, so I had him add that to their order. I told him I'd pay for that when it came in. The stuff is supposed to be in by Monday. So, we will see.