PDA

View Full Version : HMF VS FMF Megamax

300ridr
09-01-2009, 03:15 PM
ok, so i've already got a megamax and was wantin to know if it would be worth it to put a hmf slip on on my megamax head

Imbroke
09-03-2009, 01:53 PM
get the hmf idk if it will fit with the fmf header but you can try

hondapro300EX
10-02-2009, 10:22 PM
have the fmf head pipe and the hmf pipe. Its a pretty good setup. use to have a megamax ppipe and the hmf out performs it every way possible

treadway47025
10-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Never used an hmf, but I have had 4 300ex's with pipes. 2 with the megamaxII fmf, (current 300ex has fmf) 1 with a complete white brothers e series(liked but was loud) and 1 with a tc racing supertrapp. I really like the quietness of the fmf with the quiet core, disc and end cap and can definitely feel a power increase. excellent torque!! I am a woods rider so I love torque for the hills and such. GNCC TYPE riding is my flavor! The 300 I have now I bought for my gf to ride, but I ride it just as much as my 400. I have considered trying the HMF. Supertrapp pipes are in my opinion nice as well. The tc supertrapp has his open endcap which makes it very loud, but if you were to stick the disc on the end with a cap its not too bad. Getting that choker of a header pipe the 300 comes with off is a good thing no matter what exhaust you go with really.