PDA

View Full Version : Diamond J Customs Widening Kits

Shawthy33
09-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Has anybody on here tried one of these kits? I saw it in dirtwheels a couple months ago and am wondering if people thing this actually works.

The idea itself has me skeptical for the $190/kit, but the geometry and physics behind it all seems reasonable.

Any thoughts, personal trials??

Link to their Home Page (http://diamondjcustoms.com/)

F-16Guy
09-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Oh God, here we go again!! :eek2: :eek2: :D

If you do a search, you'll get more than a few threads on this kit and it's durability and effects on handling. The majority of people on here will tell you to save up for arms, and I am one of them.

rooster300ex
09-01-2009, 12:32 PM
yea save up for a-arms. but i've heard they are pretty strong.

Shawthy33
09-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Oh God, here we go again!! :eek2: :eek2: :D

If you do a search, you'll get more than a few threads on this kit and it's durability and effects on handling. The majority of people on here will tell you to save up for arms, and I am one of them.

I should have searched, I wasn't sure how new the kit was....but your right, I'll search now.

aDviSol2y
09-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I got these for my wifes bike because she likes the feel of how wide mine is and she isn't crazy when she rides. I would say if your just going to do some easy trail riding they are ok. Minus some awkward handeling. But if your going to push your limits at all, don't waste your money.

bigbad400
09-01-2009, 03:46 PM
i bent a set on a pretty small jump, i was not impressed with the product or the customer service. they only wanted to replace the broken part and not give me my money, if i broke it on a small jump i would just break another set too, its junk and the cheap a arms i have have held up through random trail abuse and lots of small mx tracks, id say youd be more than satisfied saving up for some good a arms.

Ba9801
09-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I also have them on my wife's Warrior. It is fine for trail riding or a non aggressive rider. It does help the bike to be more stable and is much cheaper option than A-Arms. She is happy with the kit and I don't expect her to ever have a problem with it.I would think it would not be best for racing or any large jumps but I could not say so for sure. So I guess it really depends on what you want to do with the bike.

Muddinguy
09-01-2009, 06:42 PM
a buddy of mine just ordered a set without the shock brackets.. hes getting into TT racing and wanted his bike lower so it would handle.. the added width was always an idea for him but didnt wana blow the money on arms..

i'll have him post up here when he gets it

Whit11b
09-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Yea, I got them. I'm gonna try them out doing some TT racing and I'm not sure I wanna spend the money on a arms for a 400ex. If they work out, great. If not it's not like I'm out a ton of cash either. If I get serious about it I will get a 450r.

bigbad400
09-03-2009, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Whit11b
Yea, I got them. I'm gonna try them out doing some TT racing and I'm not sure I wanna spend the money on a arms for a 400ex. If they work out, great. If not it's not like I'm out a ton of cash either. If I get serious about it I will get a 450r.

flatlanders from Fenton not wanting to have the biggest and best around? thats unheard of in these parts. (i guess he did just say he would go get a 450r if he got serious) in my experience nothin but rich kids and wannabe gangsters come from fenton. come up north one of these days and ill show you how real country boys get down. look up Falmouth on your map, we got the best trails around, and the best local mx tracks.

by the way im just talkin smack i dont mean anything by it, just noticed were you live and my brother lives there too so i figured id pick on you a little.

Whit11b
09-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Ha, I know bigbad400, my Cousin lives up in Marion and my Uncle lives just north of Cadillac. I love that area up there. I think I'll pass on the mx stuff. I already have a knee that makes popping noises and hurts all the time, mx wont agree with it.

bigbad400
09-03-2009, 10:59 AM
i actually live like 5 miles from marion and like 12 miles from cadillac. whos your cousin and uncle? i grew up right here so i know ALOT of people, but im only 22 so not everyone. hell around here im related to everyone so i might be related to you.

Muddinguy
09-03-2009, 08:50 PM
we got whit11b's on and tested them around his yard.. he's wishing he could get just a touch of - camber in the arms but its either a ton or none.. other than that it seems to help cornering A LOT