PDA

View Full Version : john dowd

dehner47
09-01-2009, 08:41 AM
gotta give a huge shout out to "the junk yard dog" john dowd. he came outta retirement to run southwick with the big boys in the ama motocross nationals. he came. he saw. he almost concoured. at age 44 years young, he came out and put a whoopin on dudes literally half his age finishing the day off with a 10-2 moto score to finish 3nd over all. not bad for a dude who retired from racing a few years back. hell. who cares how long ago he retired. dudes 44 years old crushing dudes who werent even alive when he turned pro. rock on "junk yard dog" you give hope to all the over 40 club who still think they can whoop up on some young bucks. keep doing your thing Mr. dowd. awesome to see a childhood hero come back and show the boys how to ride in the sand:D

dehner47
09-01-2009, 08:44 AM
also, i sure cant forget to give props to matt goerke. dude filled in for the injured josh hill on a factory yamaha yzf450 and ended up with the over all after chad reed took a nasty header with 5 mins left to go. not bad for a kid who was a priveteer 2 weeks ago :D

k4f5x0r
09-01-2009, 08:50 AM
props to both of the riders. i was hoping dowd would come around to take 1st in the 2nd heat.

goerke deserved the win though, rode fast and consistant. was deffinatley a interesting race.

mxduner
09-23-2009, 01:45 AM
yea man, it was such a great ride by jyd and the weather was good and nasty:devil:
i remember seeing him take a bad spill at millville, my home town 'national' track. He got up very slow. It was during 'then' saturday practice, down the big ski hill jump. That hill gives me the chills every time i have hit that thing, they only made it tougher now:devil: It was the last national i've seen him run. Great to see him mounted again. Also goerke man he has his high's but somewhat crosses some low's:( great job however

CHAR250R
09-23-2009, 07:01 PM
John Dowd. The junkyard dog. He still rides like he's in his 20's. :D