PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had this happen before

derekhonda
09-01-2009, 06:39 AM
First time for me, it really is not that exciting i've just never had it happen.

I bought a fixer upper house and have been working on it a lot for the last month. I needed a hand with something so I texted my friend and just said "hey man can you give me a hand for an hour." Never got a response, ohwell I did other things.

This morning I wake up and have a text from someone I have no idea who it is (not even the same area code number) and it just says "who is this and what do you need help doing"

Just seems weird, something must have gotten jumbled up out in space.

Pappy
09-01-2009, 06:42 AM
maybe the new house is a the center point of Hell :eek: You will be haunted by demon seed and the spawn of Lucifer until you die:eek:

Or yeah, could have been a bad text:p :D

You making progress out there or what:confused:

Eviltanker
09-01-2009, 07:20 AM
If satan is texting you that would be my ex wife.

derekhonda
09-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
maybe the new house is a the center point of Hell :eek: You will be haunted by demon seed and the spawn of Lucifer until you die:eek:

Or yeah, could have been a bad text:p :D

You making progress out there or what:confused:

Yeah, makin progress. The problem is, they painted every freaking wall brown black, dark blue, or dark purple. And...the kicker, they must have never heard of a roll of tape, cause there was paint all over the baseboards. So before I could even "paint" I had to spend 2 weeks scraping baseboards and putting on 2 or 3 coats of primer cause the color kept showing through. To date, I have put almost 40 gallons of paint on the walls/ceilings. Got the bathrooms tiled, and picked up my hardwoods yesterday plan on laying them thursday/friday and then carpet people come on friday. Should be moved in in the next week or two.

Pappy
09-01-2009, 07:34 AM
All the hard work will be worth it!!!

usp4u
09-01-2009, 08:16 AM
just respond: "Have a boil that needs popped that I can't reach. You in ?"

300ex_#387
09-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Eviltanker
If satan is texting you that would be my ex wife.

Man I love sexting........I mean texting.

fastredrider44
09-01-2009, 04:50 PM
I've gotten msgs before that were to the wrong person and I usually play along for a little while. Sometimes I will open a msg and it will say its from someone other than who it really was from, but if I exit and go back and look at it, it fixes itself. BTW, I have a 3yr old old school razr that has a ton of hours on it.

2to4
09-01-2009, 04:57 PM
when I first got my phone i had to change my number because american express kept calling and telling me i owed them money and a guy telling me he was thinking about me at a strip club.........im 15 he also said he loved my body hahahahaha it was pretty funny

SRH
09-01-2009, 07:24 PM
i got a call once and they wanted me to verify some transfer on my bank account....wasnt my bank account and it was foriegn...i probably oked a 2 million dollar transfer to al quaieda or some nonsense:p

didnt go thru anyway whent they asked my bday and some other stuff i was like uhh wrong number an dhung up

derekhonda
09-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Got it figured out, although i still dont understand it. His gpa was having some problems and went to the hospital. His mom was there at the hospital but her phone was dead, so they swapped sim cards and his message had saved to the phone, and then the mom with the different number texted me back over night. makes sense i guess.

Here ya go pappy

derekhonda
09-01-2009, 07:33 PM
woa huge pictures

derekhonda
09-01-2009, 07:33 PM
laundry room

derekhonda
09-01-2009, 07:34 PM
and for the next couple days work....

fastredrider44
09-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Lookin good. Did you find a house for the right money? I remember a thread about you looking earlier.

Jersey450R
09-01-2009, 07:47 PM
love the bottle of jack up on the cabinet. ;)

Guy400
09-01-2009, 07:48 PM
On my wife's old cell phone she didn't have a text messaging package and she never got random text messages. I re-upped her plan, added text messaging and bought her a new phone. Literally, the first night of having the new phone/plan she starts getting text messages from "sms casting" saying they want her for the new Twilight movie. It's BS because we don't use her phone so how they got her number is beyond me. It's ironic we've never had a problem until we sign up for text messaging and now she gets the same message every 2-3 days. AT&T says to reply with "STOP" and they're legally obligated to stop. Well, it doesn't work...

I've had a Blackberry for over 3 years and had text messaging for nearly 10 years and have never received a random message.

Aceman
09-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
and picked up my hardwoods yesterday plan on laying them thursday/friday

I've always heard wood floors need to acclimate to the room temp for a week or two before being installed?

derekhonda
09-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
I've always heard wood floors need to acclimate to the room temp for a week or two before being installed?

The rule of thumb is three days, floor man said one was enough over summer. If it was winter, the shrink ever so slightly, and then if you lay them tight, and summer warms them up, they expand and if you don't have room they buckle.

The jack was the house warming gift from the realtor, its my motivation to get it done.

Yup bought i right, got a good deal on it although its a hud so every house next to me is probably a drug dealer right guy?

fastredrider44
09-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda

Yup bought i right, got a good deal on it although its a hud so every house next to me is probably a drug dealer right guy?

Was there more paperwork involved in normal, and did you get it as cheap as they advertise on the commercials?:o

derekhonda
09-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Was there more paperwork involved in normal, and did you get it as cheap as they advertise on the commercials?:o

there was a lot of paper work, think i signed my name about 120 times between the mortgage and the title work.

It wasn't $1 or whatever the myth is, i don't really want to advertise exactly what i paid for it but when they say the housing industry took a 30-40% dip, they werent lying. It sold new in 05 for 147,500.

F-16Guy
09-02-2009, 08:04 AM
I feel your pain, man. I moved to Utah in 2006 and bought a 30yo fixer-upper. We had a contractor do the windows and siding, but my wife and I pulled up all of the old carpet (which was NASTY!! -- the basement had the original carpet and padding from 1977!), patched all of the walls, painted the entire inside including the ceilings, installed new trim, and replaced all of the lighting fixtures, door and cabinet hardware, outlets, switches, covers, and installed new garage doors. It took about 2 years to get it presentable. I'll probably never do that again. Your house looks great, BTW.

fastredrider44
09-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Didn't mean to pry. That's your business. House looks good. Let us know how you like your new neighbors. :p

MX MaNiAc 06
09-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387

What's with all the random, off-topic, immature posts lately?

House looks great man! All that hard work will pay off in the end.

09-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387

lmao sexting - form of texting; texting in a sexual manner, pretending to engage in sexual activities over text messaging, shy and lonely people too afraid to engage in such a conversation in person. also see gay, lame, 40 year old virgin, and Chris Hanson.