PDA

View Full Version : West Tennesse

RTJ
09-01-2009, 12:52 AM
here you go KILLSWITCH this thread been around for a while Where are the good places to ride in central and/or west TENNESSEE. any info would be greatly appreciated

TN_cowboy
09-04-2009, 01:38 AM
there is land between the lakes (turkey bay) never been there but i know a lot of guys go there. i have found a few others online but i havent been to them because i am deployed. but i am looking for someone to ride with.

smr
09-04-2009, 11:27 AM
I ride turkey bay often. Tncowboy, when you get back if you want the grand tour then let me know and I'll meet you down there.

what do you ride?

TN_cowboy
09-04-2009, 11:45 AM
i ride a stock 07 450R

RTJ
09-04-2009, 12:47 PM
I'VE BEEN RIDING AT TURKEY BAY OFF AND ON FOR 30 YEARS EVEN HELPED MAKE SOME OF THE TRAILS. ITS A REALLY GREAT PLACE TO RIDE. I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEWHERE A LITTLE DIFFERENT WITHOUT DRIVING TO AWFUL FAR

TN_cowboy
09-04-2009, 01:36 PM
i found on the internet a few places i would like to try if i had someone to go with. they are honda hills, brimstone, hondahills, and natchez trace. they are not to far from where i am in franklin. and they look like good places from the websites

atv fan 28
09-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Coal Creek OHV/Windrock is in eastern TN. they have 72,000 acres to ride!

smr
09-04-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm pretty sure nachez trace is closed to quads now. Turkey bay is by far the best for our end of the state. I ride a yfz450 so we could ride together when you get back...btw..thanks for your service.

RTG...if your looking for something different you should try missouri. They have lots of good places. Been to a few of them. St Joe is cool if you want something different. It's very much like riding sand dunes.

RTJ
09-05-2009, 12:30 AM
thanks guys i really want to check out st joes what about hondahills

TN_cowboy
09-05-2009, 12:37 AM
here is the honda hills page

http://www.hondahills.info/index.html
i would like to go there the pictures look like fun.

there is another place i dont know much about it at the moment but it is It's about an hour north of Florence, AL. Just google NATRA. It's North Alabama Trail Riders Association

RTJ
09-14-2009, 11:22 PM
SMR,me and the wife went to ST. JOES over the weekend. we really had a great time .pretty cool place.:D

smr
09-15-2009, 07:02 AM
cool...like I said, it is deffenetly something different. It's a great place to take the family and the camp ground is awesome. We used to go up there once a year until the MHS stopped racing quads.

If you ever get the time drive out to Little Sahara, OK. It takes me about 13 hours to get there from Hopkinsville but we usually go once a year. The wife and kids love it out there.

Like you I have been riding turkey bay for almost 30 years and love the place, just sometimes like something different.

bloodswet&gears
09-28-2009, 10:18 PM
any of yall know if they still let you ride at west point?

RTJ
09-28-2009, 11:36 PM
SMR, sounds like you have done alot of riding at a lot of places. where is the best place you have been so far

smr
09-29-2009, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by RTJ
SMR, sounds like you have done alot of riding at a lot of places. where is the best place you have been so far

really depends on what you are looking for. Any of the places in Eastern Ky are nice. They have great scenery and the locals treat you great.

I guess my favorette place to go (other than turkey bay) would have to be little sahara. I try to make the trip once or twice a year. It's more than just sand dunes, there are trails and the local town treats you great. There is always some interesting people there.

The only place I have ever drove to that I was disapointed was badlands in attica In. It would be OK for a local riding spot but it wasn't worth the 5 hour drive.

Have you been to cooperhead lodge yet? We raced there a few years ago but I havn't been there since they opened up as a riding area.

TN_cowboy
09-29-2009, 10:29 AM
yes you can ride at west point but you must be a member first or know someone who is. i plan on going in dec when i get home hopefully i can get someone to go with me.

RTJ
09-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by smr
you been to cooperhead lodge yet? We raced there a few years ago but I havn't been there since they opened up as a riding area. [/B]

yes we went weekend before last.it's ok i ride a kfx400 (that i'm way to old for) i spent a lot of time bottomed out in rutted out mud holes. my wife rides a 4WD utility. she enjoyed it way more than i did

smr
09-30-2009, 05:52 AM
there is another place in western Ky you may want to check out. It's called gregory's lake. We are going there after the midsouth race and camping next week. The wife has to work so it will only be me and the kids.

you can google drakesboro, ky and that is basicly were it's at. It cost $10 a day to ride or if you camp it's covered in your camping fee. The camp ground is awersome.

bloodswet&gears
10-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by TN_cowboy
yes you can ride at west point but you must be a member first or know someone who is. i plan on going in dec when i get home hopefully i can get someone to go with me. i used to go to west point years ago when champion paper company was logging it. we would go on sat and sun. when nobody was working. someone we went with knew the owners and said it was ok. sounds like its different now but i would still like to check it out. tn cowboy, i live in dickson. im puttin a 86 trx 250r together and would like to try it out. holler at me when your coming back and maybe i'll be done with it. also i would like to say thank you for serving our country.

TN_cowboy
10-05-2009, 10:32 AM
bloodswet&gears you have a month and a half or so till you have to have it done. haha and thank you

oldschoolr
10-25-2009, 07:49 PM
anyone ever been to bruceton? its next to camden just north of i-40 its sand and some trails.. not very big but i wont go down there without my paddle tires.. its a great place to try sand..

RTJ
10-26-2009, 01:05 AM
never been there. but i am familiar with this area. if you would give me a little more info please

smr
10-26-2009, 06:59 AM
I've heard of this place. Could you give us some directions? Is it a legal area?

thanks

mxrcr103
10-27-2009, 04:23 PM
I live about 30 minutes from the sand pits. I have rode there for over 20 years. It is a legal riding area. Back around 8 years ago during the winter the place use to be packed. It then was logged and parts were shut down due to vandalism. It was patrolled and the gravel roads around the area were strickly enforced. I have in the past few months really started going back. The woods are recovering from the logging and new trails are being made. It is total sand and you can ride right after a heavy rain. There is tons of potential just small right now. If anybody would like to check it out just let me know. By the way I am a 33 year old ex MX racer but now I have switched to cross country. Would love to get hooked up with some woods guys since the cross country scene is all new to me.

RTJ
10-28-2009, 02:35 AM
:confused: NEED DIRECTIONS PLEASE

smr
10-28-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by RTJ
:confused: NEED DIRECTIONS PLEASE

yes please directions....I might even take the family down. So I wll need to bring my sand tires?

smr
10-28-2009, 02:19 PM
is this it?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=109845666798007196433.0004567c4e36ef601f0c5&hl=en&ie=UTF8&z=7

if so, they are having a midsouth race there.

smr
10-30-2009, 05:52 AM
Come on man..you post up about a place were I have never rode and then you don't come back and give directions...this is just wrong.

I've got to figure out were this place is.

I wonder if they have a place to camp?

mxrcr103
11-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Sorry to leave you hanging. We have been out of town on one last camping trip for the year. Yes the midsouth race is around that area. Not at the actual pits though. The pits are basically old areas that a company that I suppose still owns the land use to work. They do not mind people riding in unposted areas. So no there is no actual camping areas. As far as directions it is not that hard to get to just in the middle of nowhere. I am not sure of road names but will keep up with it on my next trip. This place is by no means a Turkey Bay just a little sandbox to play in.

alan gage
12-19-2009, 08:59 PM
I found this place if anyone is interested http://www.woolysoffroad.com/
Never been but the pics look good.

TN_cowboy
12-29-2009, 09:38 AM
i just got back from across the pond and wanting to go ride with some of yall. are any of yall going to ride this weekend? i would like to go somewhere with trails.

smr
12-29-2009, 11:41 AM
I should be at Turkey bay Thursday and Friday.

RTJ
02-20-2010, 10:39 PM
here you go