PDA

View Full Version : Seat and Light Cover

MarkyNark
11-21-2001, 08:54 AM
Hello,

I just purchased a new seat and light cover for my 400EX (see them here (http://www.markynark.com/400EXMods.html)). Can you guys suggest any other mods?

Marky

11-21-2001, 09:12 AM
that seat cover is sweet,,,,,were did ya get them light covers,,,I'm wanting to buy some of them myself??

Other mods I suggest::::

Case saver definitley order it today,,,speedracingproducts.com

New clutch perch/lever and parking brake block off,,if not your rear pads will need to be replaced every other month,,also at speedracing.

Those are some small inexpensive items that'll keep ya from spendin money later on replacing parts. Look at my signature below to get some other ideas.

MarkyNark
11-21-2001, 09:21 AM
Rico,

I got mine from Brian@modquadracing.com . He has the seat covers and light covers in Honda Yellow (like mine) or Honda Red.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll check into that stuff! Do you have a picture of that clutch perch/lever and parking brake block off? If so, please post it or send it to me via email.

Thanks!
Marky

11-21-2001, 09:24 AM
Out on speedracingproducts.com there's pics of both the case saver, perch/lever, and block off plate,,,,,all are easy to install and wont' cost ya but around $60.00 total.

knighttime
11-21-2001, 09:27 AM
What is a case saver?:confused:

MOFO
11-21-2001, 09:33 AM
Its a little bracket that fits around your front sprocket. If the chain would ever snap or break, this would prevent it from cracking your case open (near the transmisson/front sprocket area). There is a very small on on the quad from the factory, but I would not trust it if my chain snapped. remind me to show it to you next time I am over.....

Eric

11-21-2001, 09:39 AM
It's a little protective shield-type thing that goes around your countershaft sprocket to protect the case from sling back in case of chain breakage. Very small price to pay for the protection, you break that case and you're in deep!

11-21-2001, 10:56 AM
knighttime you need to order one today,,,especially since you got yourself a torque monster now,,,,,$25 for a case saver,,and I don't even wanna know what it would cost to fix the case with a hole in it the size of a beer can..

stevengates45
11-23-2001, 10:45 AM
Thats a sweet EX!

4punksdad
11-24-2001, 09:08 AM
that seat cover & headlight cover look very cool.

the headlight cover would not be functional for my type of riding however. we go in & out of tunnels which are pitch dark in the middle of the day.

how does the headlight cover attach? velcro?