PDA

View Full Version : Robberies

Brauap
08-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Hello!

Over the past few months there have been several robberies in the area and just a little bit ago our good friend got robbed, twice! One time was about 3AM and he was sleeping the the house that was being robbed, they also raided his barn. A few weeks later, right after he went to work, they struct again, this time his daughter was in the house! She ran into a room and hid there while the robbers tore the place up. They even found extra light bulbs to put into the rooms that where missing them so they could see what they where stealing!

A few months ago, while I was home from school (sick) a black SUV had pulled into our drive way a few days in a row, just sitting there. They windows where so tinted you couldn't see the person inside from a few feet away. When I looked out the window at them, they stomped on the gas and went down the rode! I called the cops and they said there where many robberies!

This really scares me, every night I peer out my window a few nights at my garage to see if I can see anything odd or out of place (we got robbed a few years ago and I have always been afraid of it happening again!). I was wondering who here has had it happen to them before and what they did to prevent it? I am willing to spend every last penny I have right now! Does anyone have any idea's on what to do?

Thanks guys!
Colton W.

Pipeless416
08-31-2009, 08:13 PM
hey colton, pretty much the same thing has been happening at home.. black suv has been driving around neighborhoods and then all of the sudden a house is robbed. if you don't have a dog already, you should get one. motion detector flood lights are also a good idea.

Pappy
08-31-2009, 08:14 PM
1st step...Get insurance against theft

2nd step...Lock everything up you can

3rd step...take all the normal precautions against theft

Thats reallya bout all one can do. If you are robbed your covered, if you happen to be home, deal with it.

klutch
08-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Summer of 07.... My house got robbed. Me and my sister were both home. I was 15 years old at the time asleep. My sister hid inside her closet and locked her door. They opened my door and didn't see me or anything of interest. As he started kicking in my sister's bedroom door I woke up. He walked away, I realised what was going on and grabbed a samurai sword I had displayed on my wall. At the time I had a black belt in kung fu and a brown belt in Goju Ryu. I waited for him to walk back down the hallway and stabbed the man in the chest. Before you ask no he didn't die. But he has been in jail for the past few years. Its a scary thing.

A good alarm system, cameras settup around the house, we now have 3 locks on our front door. 6 Foot tall big gates blocking the driveway. And next time they try and break in... Well... good luck my dad has the AR-15 hidden in my room. Well hidden from anyone but me and him lmao.

250x_kyle
08-31-2009, 08:29 PM
when my old man was still single he had his shot guns and his 357 stolen out of the room across from the one he was sleeping in. ever since then were locked up tight guns locked up and the 357 he got back and is in the night stand. the doors are locked and some of them are barred.

Brauap
08-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by klutch
Summer of 07.... My house got robbed. Me and my sister were both home. I was 15 years old at the time asleep. My sister hid inside her closet and locked her door. They opened my door and didn't see me or anything of interest. As he started kicking in my sister's bedroom door I woke up. He walked away, I realised what was going on and grabbed a samurai sword I had displayed on my wall. At the time I had a black belt in kung fu and a brown belt in Goju Ryu. I waited for him to walk back down the hallway and stabbed the man in the chest. Before you ask no he didn't die. But he has been in jail for the past few years. Its a scary thing.

A good alarm system, cameras settup around the house, we now have 3 locks on our front door. 6 Foot tall big gates blocking the driveway. And next time they try and break in... Well... good luck my dad has the AR-15 hidden in my room. Well hidden from anyone but me and him lmao.

Wow! haha That's pretty BA!

I have an alarm (only set at nights), motion sensored fog lights, 4 dogs (3 maltese and 1 big, dumb, lovable golden reterver with a killer bark), our garage door windows are reinforced with steel rods, we have insurance.

My dad's new KTM dual sport has a locking steering stem (which should help a little (would be a PITA to load or push any where, it will just go in tight circles!)) However, my bike has not such think. I am thinking about making little locks to put in the holes in the rotors (kinda like a trigger lock on a gun) to prevent from rolling it away or riding it away. I alway may put a key on it to make it a tab bit harder.

As for personal protection, my dad has an awesome 9mil with a fog light and laser dot sight and he has the licence to conseal. Me, I have a small collection of guns in my room in my gun cabinet.

ZeroLogic
08-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Install cameras, if to much buy fake ones. Spot lights and dogs help. Also keep a .45 nice and close to you.

250r rider 88
08-31-2009, 09:06 PM
what pappy said is the best route especially the last part if you are home and fearful of your life and belongings shoot to kill, if you cant live with having killed someone shoot to disarm or disable their movements and let the police do the rest but remember if you shoot to wound they will eventually be out of prison and coming back to your house

J.Brown121
08-31-2009, 09:13 PM
when i was in high school i came home from school at lunch and there were a set of tracks in my yard from someone driving to our back door to rob us. they shot my bassett hound when they broke in, he was my first dog and i was ready to kill someone :mad: they also got almost all of our guns including a rimington 12 gauge that was bought brand new in 1884 by my mom's great grandpa:(

my dad and i spent the next 2days running a barbed wire fence around our property, and put new locks on the doors and windows and bought a safe for the 3 or 4 guns we had left

MNChemEng
08-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
Hello!

Over the past few months there have been several robberies in the area and just a little bit ago our good friend got robbed, twice! One time was about 3AM and he was sleeping the the house that was being robbed, they also raided his barn. A few weeks later, right after he went to work, they struct again, this time his daughter was in the house! She ran into a room and hid there while the robbers tore the place up. They even found extra light bulbs to put into the rooms that where missing them so they could see what they where stealing!

A few months ago, while I was home from school (sick) a black SUV had pulled into our drive way a few days in a row, just sitting there. They windows where so tinted you couldn't see the person inside from a few feet away. When I looked out the window at them, they stomped on the gas and went down the rode! I called the cops and they said there where many robberies!

This really scares me, every night I peer out my window a few nights at my garage to see if I can see anything odd or out of place (we got robbed a few years ago and I have always been afraid of it happening again!). I was wondering who here has had it happen to them before and what they did to prevent it? I am willing to spend every last penny I have right now! Does anyone have any idea's on what to do?

Thanks guys!
Colton W.

Go buy a shot gun at blow their heads off if they come on your property.

SRH
08-31-2009, 10:17 PM
i had often thought of getting some blanks for like a ak and just going if someone breaks in and empty it out, theyd be so scared i dont think theyd bother worrying if it was real or fake

matt14c
08-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i had often thought of getting some blanks for like a ak and just going if someone breaks in and empty it out, theyd be so scared i dont think theyd bother worrying if it was real or fake

Not a bad idea but if your shooting blanks and it alarms them and they start shooting the real thing then you lose!

Gun cabinets are nice and will keep your stuff there if your not home but you always have to keep that extra pistol in the nightstand!

Burglaries are going on everywhere. Its the crap economy. Desperate times call for desperate measures and for some that is what it comes to.

SRH
08-31-2009, 10:38 PM
yeah well, if you know your not badder than them i guess you shouldnt be shooting in the first place, if you get a guy and hes a bad *** and you shoot him or shoot at him, hes going to get a gun if he doesnt have one and come back....so its a touchy subject, all i can say is aim to kill

then again in ny the guy could have a gun to your head and you shoot him...youd probably still get arrested:ermm:

440racer66
08-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by SRH
yeah well, if you know your not badder than them i guess you shouldnt be shooting in the first place, if you get a guy and hes a bad *** and you shoot him or shoot at him, hes going to get a gun if he doesnt have one and come back....so its a touchy subject, all i can say is aim to kill

then again in ny the guy could have a gun to your head and you shoot him...youd probably still get arrested:ermm: better judged by 12 then carried by six

stuntin andy
09-01-2009, 08:15 AM
i sleep with a 12ga next to my bed.. the loads are buck shot, slug, buck shot, slug slug... just saying lol ....its fair game if they are in your house

416exfreak
09-01-2009, 08:22 AM
I keep 2 12 guages and a 16 guage close by in my room.

12 guage pump with the plug removed. 000 Buck, Slug, Slug, 00 Buck, Slug, #4 shot, Slug.

Side by side double barrel with 000 Buck in both barrels.

And a 16 guage automatic with 00 Buck in it. 5 of them.

My dad keeps a .357 with hollow tips next to his bed.

And we have a mean arse dog named Baby B.:devil:

XBLASTERRACERX
09-01-2009, 11:49 AM
My mom's friend is a cop and he said if they are on your property and you kill them it is perfectly legal but if you kill them off your property or you injure them on your property and they managed to get off your property even if it is by a foot then you will be in deep crap.

So if they are on your property always SHOOT TO KILL.

fastredrider44
09-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Shoot to kill... Maybe I'm just lucky, but have any of you been robbed by a "friend"? My house has been broken into twice. First time was a pretty nasty ordeal, and it was a long time before insurance straightened everything out. They found who did it (went to church with the creep) and got most of our stuff back, but then a few years ago, one of my riding buddies broke into my house. Didn't take much, but I got it all back and pressed charges. Then a few months later, he broke into a friend of mine's truck and jacked his CD player, amp and subs. I think he is in jail now... finally.

madskrillz2
09-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by XBLASTERRACERX
My mom's friend is a cop and he said if they are on your property and you kill them it is perfectly legal but if you kill them off your property or you injure them on your property and they managed to get off your property even if it is by a foot then you will be in deep crap.

mxduner
09-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by ridin'MX365
when i was in high school i came home from school at lunch and there were a set of tracks in my yard from someone driving to our back door to rob us. they shot my bassett hound when they broke in, he was my first dog and i was ready to kill someone :mad: sorry man THAT WAS SOO COLD....

i just had my dirt bike stolen in june, now i've been missing a few little things lately.

i gotta side by side 12 ga. I will use it... and i know the rules, weather they are mine or the laws.

ALAMX37
09-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Gotta love Bama, come in my house uninvited and I dont even have to ask questions. I keep the .45 on my night stand.

madskrillz2
09-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
Gotta love Bama, come in my house uninvited and I dont even have to ask questions. I keep the .45 on my night stand.

Yezzir. Probably why it doesn't happen that often around here.

white tails
09-02-2009, 04:40 PM
shoot now ask questions later if they are still alive
i prefer the 12 gauge with 5 deer slugs in it.:D

madskrillz2
09-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by white tails
shoot now ask questions later if they are still alive
i prefer the 12 gauge with 5 deer slugs in it.:D

Buckshot FTW

C41Xracer
09-05-2009, 08:04 AM
i would hate to see anyone break in my house...........they would be greeted by my pitbulls

krt400ex
09-05-2009, 08:53 AM
get a freaking 12 gauge. problem solved

extremeblastr
09-05-2009, 08:57 AM
sometimes i swear the title to these threads should be changed to "lets see how many times we can get everyone to repeat the same answer"

krt400ex
09-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
sometimes i swear the title to these threads should be changed to "lets see how many times we can get everyone to repeat the same answer"

yea i gotta learn to read through before answering lol

SRH
09-05-2009, 08:17 PM
im wanting a pistol.....is it hard to get permit to own a pistol in ny would anyone happen to know?

09-06-2009, 06:52 AM
It's called burglary not robbery. Burglary is when you enter a building to commit any crime. Robbery is taking something from some one. Burglary also is 100% not at all theft burglary is just entering a building to commit any crime such as if you walked in a house and punched some one you would get burglary and if it was a house you would get 1st degree and a felony strike which your 3rd strike is normally life in prison. 1st degree is the worst 3rd is the least worst. When you steel something from a building you get burglary "and" theft because its 2 totally different charges. People think burglary is theft when its 100% not. And you cant shoot no one out side your house or your gone for 18-life in prison if you get 2nd degree and not 1st. And if some one steels a gun during a burglary its considered an armed burglary a 10 year minimum sentence.

Right now Im facing up to just under 32 years max 1st degree 4 charges for going with a friend to his friends house to grab a bottle of booze and um sentanced in less than a month now and it happen a good 9 months ago. Reason it's so high is because the scum bag home owner (the dad) made up a lie and said a crap load of money was stolen when we only grabbed the $12 bottle from a friend. Now have $8000 to pay pack in restatution plus the guys claiming it on his insurance (breaking law) so hes getting almost $20,000 for being the real low life.

09-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by klutch

Sounds made up to me. Burglars dont kick in doors if they think some ones in a room they wont even go by it. Kicking a door in? Only ones that are willing to do that that are ready to shoot and kill and would have. 99% of burglars will not go in a house with people in it. And all you need is a spoon to make them run not no gun. Make a noise and they will be out of your place in a blink of an eye.

But nice story any ways haha

09-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by XBLASTERRACERX

In your house only not on your grass. On your grass and say good by to your life. And you can even get locked up for beating up a burglar in side your home. Once he gives up if you keep beating on him well you just done a crime.

gcart2
09-06-2009, 07:33 AM
i live in the woods and all the way up and down my road there have been many robberies. a 17 year old boy is expected:( . anyways i keep my .357 loaded and ready. shooting range couple times a month to stay fresh:p

edit: and yes i am 16, 17 in 6 days

09-06-2009, 07:43 AM
8-9 years ago a neighbor drug dealer robbed my place while I was camping. It was my best friends dad. We where remoddling are place and he stole all are stuff and sold the stuff and then remodled there place! But a month or 2 later he went to prison for 8 or 9 years for selling and growing weed. Funny thing is he went in prison a bad *** pos and he just got out less than a month ago and I seen him since its my best friends dad and federal prison made him go from bad *** scum bag to a total church person! And the way he talks now I swear hes gay. That darn prison lmao.

But funny thing about when it happen is my kawi dirt bike was stolen to. 3-4 weeks later my moms bf found it laying in tall grass in my field! When I seen him walking it back I nearly **** my self it was so crazy.

J.Brown121
09-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by SRH
im wanting a pistol.....is it hard to get permit to own a pistol in ny would anyone happen to know?

ask plaxico burress....

extremeblastr
09-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by ridin'MX365
ask plaxico burress....

complete and total fail on your behalf, you obviously know absolutely 0 of the details and therefore should not talk about it ever again whether you read up on it or not

madskrillz2
09-07-2009, 08:47 PM
complete and total fail on your behalf, you obviously know absolutely 0 of the details and therefore should not talk about it ever again whether you read up on it or not

Haha man you need to chill out on people lately. Go get some air and take it easy for a minute.

SRH
09-07-2009, 10:10 PM
haha plaxico didnt have a ny license ,fla i beleive

416exfreak
09-08-2009, 08:33 AM

Seriously man.

I dont know what your situation is, but it seems like you've been snapping on other members here lately. I know we all have our days, but sometimes you just gotta log out and come back later.:chinese: