PDA

View Full Version : need quick response

diablo14
08-31-2009, 05:10 PM
my boy blew up his drr 50 we decided to go to a 70 and i have talked to 3 different places and they all tell me different things on which kit to buy ect.... the guy who builds the engines for my 450r says we should just bore the cylinder port it mill the head and call it good. any info would be great i dont know what to do. im looking for the best bang for the buck thanks for any help!!

ewathen
08-31-2009, 05:51 PM
I have the Athena 70 kit from G-force and a Stock 90cc Drr pipe. just put in 3.75 gram rollers and this thing rips!

I think the kit is only 199 from gary and i got the pipe for 80 off of the classifieds section on here. I would recomend this set up for anyone on a budget!

riding4fun
08-31-2009, 07:28 PM
The Polini Evo 70 kit is great. You are talking a/c right ?

bulldogfallon
08-31-2009, 09:31 PM
I would listen to the shop that asked the most questions about you and your riders needs.

All kits are best for someone.....

There are many factors in the decision process all of which must be answered honestly for the best result.

The 70cc market is flooded with options which makes it harder to decide at times..

I try to ask:
Local Classes/Rules
Type of riding
Skill level of rider
Skill level of mechanic
End goal of the build? (recreation, speed, reliability etc)
Can this be a multiple step process?

Ex) start with a kit that works for this season but will need to be changed down the road when the riders speeds up.

Plus more detailed questions to decide what is the best fit for your rider.....

Honesty with the skill levels will produce the best results

Faster engine DOES NOT always produce the fastest lap times.

If you haven't been asked at least some of these questions then I would keep looking for recomendations..

What are you looking for in a kit???