PDA

View Full Version : graduation project

300ex_rider1121
08-31-2009, 03:36 PM
So im sure everybody here is probly old haha just messin. But everybodys gotta do a grad project before they graduate and i was wondering what yall did it on. I tried to talk to my teacher about doin something involving quads but she just looked at me like i was retarted. She wanted me to write my 6 page paper on safety i told her to wear a helmet and use common sense, so what else do i do for the rest of the 6 pages lol :ermm:

ricksmx865
08-31-2009, 03:57 PM
You could give examples of what could possibly happen when one fails to follow proper safety precautions (ie ridin without a helmet and/or under influence or alcohol or narcotics)

Be sure to cite your examples..... Oh and im sure you could find some examples of how a helmet or leatt brace saved someones life or prevent serious injury as well

good luck

bustedknuckle
08-31-2009, 04:04 PM
try this web. atv saftey institute.im a instructor . pm me i can send you some info.its not a bad idea.

BakerRacing40
08-31-2009, 04:12 PM
i actually did a 12-15 min speech about atv safety in my speech class. my paper work on it was either five or six pages. i'll look and see if i still have any of the research or info on my flash drive, i looked on my hard drive and i wasn't there. but for information to fill space, look up stats and figures on injuries/deaths on accidents, why protection is needed- stats of riding/racing - speeds, hazards, power of the machines... , give information on levels of protection of each piece of gear (boots, pants, jersey, chest protector, neck brace, helmet, goggles, kidney belt, etc -- sales information is a good source if you go to the manufacture's site), laws that are being put in place or attempting to be put in place, snell and dot approval ratings and other ratings, might even through in how you protect yourself too, if you still need more go into safety items that go onto the quad- nerf, kill switch, headlights/taillights, heal guards, etc, and then still if needed throw in why you should be drug and alcohol free w/ some stats on death/injuries on that...

just some ideas! hope it helps

300ex_rider1121
09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all the ideas! I ran some of that stuff by my teacher and she wasnt goin for it (again), so i decided to do my project on law enforcement within the school system. Seeing as I've already had a couple runins with our school cop maybe itll be a change seein how they do their stuff. My neighbor is also a retired polieman that is getting ready to come to our school, so theres way more resources i can get with this topic. They'll also let me skip some classes to see what the school police do during the day. Maybe ill get some free doughnuts!!

Sjorge450R
09-08-2009, 09:33 PM
I actually got lucky and mine was approved by our graduation project director (Went to a school with over 5000 kids so we needed someone just for the job) and my topic was how to build a quad.

My visual a powerpoint (50 some odd slides) Written was the information on the slides and the oral was me talking about everything (no didnt read the powerpoint slides)

It turned out pretty good and I did it as I was doing a rebuild on my R so it wasnt any extra work other than putting together the slide show.