PDA

View Full Version : Gncc Setup

Ryko racing
08-31-2009, 01:58 PM
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO A COBRA TO RUN A GNCC RACE?

What class would a 50 or 70 single speed run ??

hr15
09-03-2009, 06:57 PM
You thinking about this season?I also sent you a pm.

TRI-Z3
09-16-2009, 08:32 PM
I see this is an older post.. but up till we did run our Cobra this past weekend at the Unadilla GNCC race that I had built for him to do this (I bought a swing arm from ya for this bike) I couldn't have told ya...but now I can, DONT DO IT ! In the words of their race director Tim Cotter "we dont have any Cobras, and dont want any!!" This was his words after taking my sons 5th place finish from him and removing him from the finishing results completely. We entered him in the Super Mini class..they bumped him to 90 mod because he was not old enough for the Super Mini class (12-15) and said that was their official decision where he was to run..he raced clean and fair and came in 5th in the mud and finished with out any issues. After he received the plaque, other parents in the 90 mod class protested the officials decision and then they decided to dnf him..when he finised all laps they give 5th to the 6th place rider and so on and so on then when we questioned about this they remove him completely from the results saying Cobras cant run in the 90 mod where they chose to put him even after I made them ck twice because i dident want him to waste his time out there. they took the race from him they took the plack and took my $ for the entry and transponder all because he rode a Cobra 70 cc shifter in a class I believe by AMA rules he can run!! so Save your time and your kids time although my kid did say it was fun AFTER the parents got done pointing fingers at him on the start.

Ryko racing
09-17-2009, 06:50 AM
did they dq him because he ran a 70 cc or because it was a cobra.90 mod class should be anything goes jb, cobra,carter etc.

i will do some homework.

TRI-Z3
09-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Because it was a Cobra . That's all. If it was a 50 it still would have been d.n.f. ed and if it was a 80 still dnf. It's too bad really, we started building our bike back in June and wanted to run a cpl of events this fall and make a go out of next season. It seems crazy that an AMA sanctioned event would go after the only American made youth quad with such hatred towards the brand. We don't have any Cobras, and don't want any. This was from the mouth of Tim Cotter "race director" at his side was Rita Coons and the official who made the call for him to run in the 90 class was Dan Reinhart "race official". The official who started the race was told to put him in the 90 mod was Ricky Towry and at his side was Bill Sowden. Both confirmed with me that they doubled checked him to be able to run leagly run in the 90 mod. Seems as though they "voted" at the banquet at the end of the season last year and decided the Cobra was only able to legally run in the Super Mini class (12-15). Word is a hand full of Cobra's did very well in the 90 mod youth classes in past seasons as well as the Senior Mini and now that these kids have moved on, they decided to ban these "hand built, rocket ships" from the 90 mod class. "Hand built rocket ships" was the words used to us by Tim Cotter. While the Cobra is a great bike, seems as though the kids riding ability seems to get over looked and have nothing to do with them doing so well.

Ryko racing
09-17-2009, 05:44 PM
If they dont want your money cmon over to the mx side we always want more riders and we have fun.

Isent an email to Tim asking the rules. It always amazes me that series' try to limit competition ( in our series this year the cvt, 4 strokes and cobras were all very very competitive.)

As a matter of fact the nat championship in the 90 prod class came down to the last moto of the last race. ( the same 2 riders took it to the last race of the season in 2008 also)

The quads are all very competitive at that level, sometimes i think its the parents that have the problem not the kids.

Ihope that it was a mistake at your race because if its not i would never give them my dollars.