PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Sway Bar Install

TYLER329
08-31-2009, 10:39 AM
Just installed a Sonic Sway bar on the front of my 2007 Outlaw 525 IRS. The install was very straight foreword and things fit very well. This is probably some of the best money I have ever spend on this machine (except for the Fox Evols). It really really helps with the body roll. The machine also does not push near as much. It is very expensive at 625.00, but I feel that you have to have one on the IRS quads (can't speak for the SRA quads) AWESOME PRODUCT!!! I got mine from C&D Racing and they were very helpfull and I had the product in 1 week.

SSJEFF
08-31-2009, 01:13 PM
I just want to clarify, C7D siad you cannot run a Sonic on the rear because it limits suspension travel?

You are running this on e on the front? Does this work in XC well?

TYLER329
08-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Sonic makes a sway bar for the front and the rear for the Outlaw IRS but they are different because of how the rear has to go through the frame. The front set up is 650.00 and the rear is 450.00 Sonics sway bars are designed to be used for MX and XC. I can go anywhere that I used to be able to go through. Nothing is hindered by installing the bar. It doesn't turn it into a go cart or anything. What it does do is make the machine handle much "flatter" It doesn't roll onto the opposite front corner near as bad through corners as without one.

Colby@C&DRacing
09-01-2009, 10:21 AM
The sonic roll bars in no way limits travel it is designed for XC and MX. We have been extremely happy with the results we have seen in our testing.

ratman407
09-01-2009, 10:44 AM
regading the Sonic rear....is it a simple 'bolt on' or do you have to do any modifications?

Colby@C&DRacing
09-01-2009, 05:26 PM
It a direct bolt on. Fits in the stock bar location.

SSJEFF
09-01-2009, 10:46 PM
So to make the IRS handle the best it is going to cost abou $1K in sway bars? I already have a Gallagher bar on the rear, and have thought about upgrading it to a Sonic or Rath to get it handling better in the tight woods.

ratman407
09-02-2009, 07:11 AM
i have the gallagher too...obviously its beefier than the stock one. Going from that to the Sonic is going to make that much of a difference?

TYLER329
09-02-2009, 07:26 AM
I have had 5 Gallagher bars and they work great but they break. This is no fault of Gallaghers, it is just part of the design. I consider John a friend of mine so I am definately not bashing him in any way. He retails his sway bars for 90.00 and for the trail rider they are a huge improvement and will last a long time. However under racing conditions they last about 10 hours. John himself will tell you that the swaybar is really a wear item like brake pads or air filters. However the Sonic is a completely different set up that does not use welds and uses metal that has a lot more flexibility in it, and they are adjustable by how "heavy" a bar you put in it. Instead of a weld on the end to the bar to the tie rod they use splines. Every time you weld metal it looses its flexibility. This is why there sway bar is 450.00 If you never want to replace one again sonic is the way to go. If you don't race that often (or jump the quad) the Gallagher is a great option over the stock bar. If you race the quad alot and do alot of hard landings than the Sonic is the clear winner. It is just the age old idea of you get what you pay for!

SSJEFF
09-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by TYLER329
I have had 5 Gallagher bars and they work great but they break. This is no fault of Gallaghers, it is just part of the design. I consider John a friend of mine so I am definately not bashing him in any way. He retails his sway bars for 90.00 and for the trail rider they are a huge improvement and will last a long time. However under racing conditions they last about 10 hours. John himself will tell you that the swaybar is really a wear item like brake pads or air filters. However the Sonic is a completely different set up that does not use welds and uses metal that has a lot more flexibility in it, and they are adjustable by how "heavy" a bar you put in it. Instead of a weld on the end to the bar to the tie rod they use splines. Every time you weld metal it looses its flexibility. This is why there sway bar is 450.00 If you never want to replace one again sonic is the way to go. If you don't race that often (or jump the quad) the Gallagher is a great option over the stock bar. If you race the quad alot and do alot of hard landings than the Sonic is the clear winner. It is just the age old idea of you get what you pay for!

I have met john myself and in no way was I nocking the bar, I guess what I am after is, for xc racing what should I get, the front Sonic, the rear Sonic or both?

What would make the biggest difference in the tight sections, the front or rear?

Wouldn't a front sway bar help on a SRA also?

TYLER329
09-02-2009, 07:55 AM
In my opinion the front bar is the best bang for the buck. It helps tremendously in the tight stuff and I don't even have it dialed in yet. I payed 625.00 for mine from C&D and already think it is money well spent. I can't help but think that it doesn't make life a little easier on my rear Gallagher bar by limiting body roll. I think that you will see most quads have sway bars in the near future. Once people ride with one it will catch on just as fast as Flexx bars, and steering stabilizers.

Colby@C&DRacing
09-02-2009, 08:37 AM
I agree with Tyler. I think once people ride on the sonic bar they will have to have one. I have had numerous people ride the setup on my wifes race quad and all of them have come in after one lap and said they want one. You no longer have to compromise ride quality to control body roll. It increases forward traction out of the corners, plants on off camber hills etc. There is some suspension tuning that will need to be done on a customer by customer basis, thats were we come in we have been doing as much setup and R&D as we can to know what need adjusted to make this the best setup on the market.

fasterblaster02
09-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Do the Rath and Durablue front sway bars work the same as the Sonic?

ratman407
09-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Tyler329,

lets see a pix of your Sonic front set up......

Chris525
09-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Where do you get gallager stuff at ?

TYLER329
09-02-2009, 04:20 PM
I can get them for you, get you in touch with him, or you can get some through the HMF website.

Chris525
09-02-2009, 04:57 PM
I cant find nothin on that site

Outlaw6;=-
09-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Can u post some pics of ur setup tyler..

TYLER329
09-03-2009, 07:09 AM
I will try to take some pics today and get them up tommorrow.

GSXRaptor
09-10-2009, 07:50 AM
The Sonic Anti Roll Bar is DEF the way to go no matter what kind of riding/racing your involved in! With 26 different rated torsion bars to choose from and the reliability and strength if the bar is unmatched.

GSXRaptor
09-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Info and bar pics can be found at www.sonicoffroad.com as well as pricing and spare parts for people who have already purchased bars.

GSXRaptor
09-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Hey guys, this is a link to pics of the polaris outlaw bar at sonic offroad.com. These bars are guaranteed not to break and different torsion bars can be used to tune your setup for different terrain. We selected a base torsion bar rate that works very well as a starting point for you. Keep in mind that our torsion bars from front to rear are interchangeable!

http://www.sonicoffroad.com/Polaris%20outlaw%20Anti%20Roll%20Systems.html

GSXRaptor
09-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Also we are always available to answer any questions about our products so feel free to call or email us. Contact info can be found on our website!