PDA

View Full Version : Good idea?

z400mayhem
08-31-2009, 06:26 AM
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy a quad off eBay? Has anyone ever done it?
I would make sure the seller had good feedback and isnt a scammer. And i would have to get it shipped over the border.
Good idea?

Eviltanker
08-31-2009, 06:29 AM
Dunno.... be careful, alot of sketchy dudes out there.

Guy400
08-31-2009, 07:16 AM
I'm sure there have been very positive experiences but if I can't meet the seller, inspect the vehicle and pay for it right there I'm not buying it.

IcutMetl
08-31-2009, 08:49 AM
I've bought a boat off of ebay, and my 250R off of Craigslist. I've sold a truck, 400ex, and my Ninja ZX10 (among many other things) on ebay.

At least with ebay, you have some level of buyer/seller protection. That ofcourse does not account for the "pain in the butt" you go thru if you run into a bad seller. Read his feedback and ask a lot of questions. If you're not completely comfortable, another 'wheeler will come along. Ask yourself if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Make sure he or she is comfortable with you putting down a fair down payment if you win the auction, and understands they will get the balance of payment at time of pickup...that's fair for both parties in my opinion. If the deal is good; awesome, if you're not satisfied, get your deposit back and be on your way. Anybody that's not cool with that isn't worth my time or money.

Tommy Warren
08-31-2009, 02:21 PM
don't forget about all your paperwork to get that bike accross the border. it could be months from the time you buy till the time that bike gets to your house if you don't have all your eggs in one basket.

Toadz400
08-31-2009, 10:38 PM
I would try and keep it local if you're in Canada, and by local I mean in Canada.

I risked it and bought my 400EX off eBay years ago and lucked out. Got a decent deal for that time and I loved it. Drove from WI to Indiana to pick it up.

Lowcountrydave
09-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Only been burned one time on the internet. I won a bid on Ebay for a set of standard/metric Blackhawk Ratchet Wrenches. The guy has 100% feedback............. Paid I think $103....... Never recieved the wrenches. I was the first of about 8 people to get burned by this pr^*k. So you never know.

Good luck.
Dave