PDA

View Full Version : do I have en electrical problem?

craigmacphee
08-30-2009, 08:29 PM
09 ds450 x mx

It seems the last few days I have ridden my quad, when I shut the motor off, the neutral light will stay on. If I shut it off in gear, it will just shut off and no lights will remain on. The neutral light will stay on for a half hour or more. (That's the longest I let it so far) All I have done to clear the light has been to shift it in to gear.

Today, when I was done riding, I loaded the quad in the trailer. When I pulled it in, I turned it off by the handlebar switch. I did not turn the key off yet. I then went on to load up my boys bikes, and when I got back in the trailer, my quads fan was on. Was that intermittant, or did it do that because I just got done riding a few hot laps and the key was on, but the handlebar switch was off?

Just wondering if I have some sort of electrical issue going on or if this is just my mind playing games with me. Thanks, Craig

ProspectorJim
08-30-2009, 08:33 PM
sounds like an electrical problem. My neutral light only stays on for maybe a minute. The fan never kicks on when I turn the handlbar killswitch off either.

ml450r
08-31-2009, 02:16 PM
My fan will run with the handle bar switch off and key on. Neutral light stays on about a minute after key is turned off.

craigmacphee
08-31-2009, 07:12 PM
well shiiiiiiit......any suggestions on the neutral light then?