PDA

View Full Version : no yfz 450's in mx?

pawdaddy
08-30-2009, 06:54 PM
What's up with yamaha, or the lack of in the atv nat's!!! I see every other quad but yamaha. are they racing?

400grl
08-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Maybe they are all out here on the West Coast - because I see plenty of them in the Quadcross and WORCS......:macho

mxpimp2000
08-30-2009, 07:30 PM
EFI came into play and ppl switch rides like underwear. theres more power options out there for the EFI now and no one specializes in yamaha any more they have potential but no one takes the time to specialize in them

BlaineKaiser450
08-30-2009, 09:56 PM
theres a lot on the west coast!

J.Brown121
08-30-2009, 10:04 PM
there are a ton in oklahoma

SRH
08-31-2009, 10:34 PM
im no insider but im assuming yamaha doesnt put the money into mx that kawi or suzuki does...because if they did im sure theyd be in the mix....

kawi isnt the best quad but they got a good team and thats all that matters....if yami dont want to spend money no offense but your going to get a rookie or a field filler and if the quad isnt up to par and you dont pump out the money for the r and d and the riders arent happy ...thats not a winning combo

i see the old style yfzs all over around here...probably the most raced quad in the local races

JR3
09-01-2009, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by SRH
im no insider but im assuming yamaha doesnt put the money into mx that kawi or suzuki does...because if they did im sure theyd be in the mix....

kawi isnt the best quad but they got a good team and thats all that matters....if yami dont want to spend money no offense but your going to get a rookie or a field filler and if the quad isnt up to par and you dont pump out the money for the r and d and the riders arent happy ...thats not a winning combo

i see the old style yfzs all over around here...probably the most raced quad in the local races

exactly around here i seem to be the only one my one race 2 weeks ago i was the only yami on the gate and i think even in the pits. dont bother me any thoe people can talk bad about them all they want but i love mine. just fits my riding style better then when i had my 450r

quad2xtreme
09-01-2009, 05:35 AM
when you see people not liking the yammy, they are talking about the latest. the older ones are competitive. The new one is still giving the builders fits.

400ex28
09-01-2009, 11:19 AM
no one runs them around here at the local races. the 2 that did kept blowing engines and having all kinds of problems out of them and they switched to suzuki.