PDA

View Full Version : to part or not?? make offers!!

250rPRIDE
08-30-2009, 06:07 PM
i was wondering if i should part out my r or sell it as a whole i have not rode this bike for about 2 years i have a stock 88 that i trail ride and this one sits, its a lonestar frame, with leager swing arm, jb +1+1 a arms, roll stem, pep zps up front and in back 180lbs rider setup, fullbore plastic, high seat, the motor was built by hetrick racing in pa and has about 10 hours on crank n fresh bore and piston, new honda clutch, plus more, over sized tank, 400ex spindles and hubs, prm front and rear bumpers, and full prm skids from a arm chasie and swingarm, ect.. this bike was never jumped or raced just trail rode, but i wouldnt call anything on the bike mint but its not to bad, far from junk about the only thing wrong is waterpump is driping out of the weap hole from sitting, but anyways i dont know if i should sell it out right or part it, i would sell it for 2900. but what is it worth parting make me some good offers and ill do the math and make up my mind.

not the best pic just got this idea and havnt washed the r for over a year, needs a good detailing.

thanks

250rPRIDE
08-30-2009, 06:09 PM
man i tryed posting a pic but it saying its to big.. not sure how to list it.

how can i make my pics size smaller? im sure everyone would like a pic...

thedeatons
08-30-2009, 07:06 PM
If you have Windows XP then use this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Scroll down and look on the right for Image Resizer. Install that, then right click on any picture and select Resize Picture. That is the easiest way hands down. It gives you three options, small, medium, and large. I usually use large.

James

danhung11
08-30-2009, 08:32 PM
In my opinion, I would part it.

Post some pictues using an image hosting website.

What year is the Laeger swingarm?

Thanks,
Dan

250Renvy
08-30-2009, 09:25 PM
You'll likely get more money parting it out if it's in good condition.

The hardest thing is the shipping and the time it takes to part something out.

A lot of things in life come down to time or money - what do you have more of?

Figure you are asking $2900 but say you can realistically get $2500 for it. However say parting it out you can get $4000 for it, but it takes about 30 hours of your time to take it apart, box stuff up, make trips to the post office/ups answer emails etc etc.

IF you part it take good pictures and figure out all your prices before hand.

I'd be interested in the swingarm if it has skid plate mounts on it as well as the PRM products if they are in good shape.

250rPRIDE
08-31-2009, 01:21 PM
pic

250rPRIDE
08-31-2009, 01:28 PM
well if i could get 4000 out of parting it i would do that for sure, but i need some good offers on the main items like motor, frame, shocks ect.. then i would get it torn down and sold in a weekend.. but i cant see getting the kind of money out of it, so shoot me some good offers and i will get wrenching. but please be serious,
thanks

250Renvy
08-31-2009, 01:43 PM
PM sent