PDA

View Full Version : No where to ride!!!!!!

cliff400ex
08-30-2009, 05:58 PM
I just wanted to see if there is any place in the VA MD area to ride. I live in Northern VA and like to race XC/GNCC. Unfortunately there are no good places to practice. Just went to the GW forest today and that is getting really old and the rocks are giving my quad a serious beating. I've been to the Cove in Winchester which is even worse. I've also been to Green Ridge Forest in MD which is the closest thing I can find but is also getting very old. Does anyone know of a good place, public or private, where a few responsible riders can get some practice in. Preferably a place with decent woods trails. We would be more than willing to help with trail maintenance in exchange for riding. Hope to get some opinions. Thanks.

katch26
09-02-2009, 09:59 AM
theres southern maryland atv park by budds creek.....its ok the people are very nice but the park is small

Pappy
09-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Alot of us ride at www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com

Its mainly MX but they do have a small woods loop. We race XC as well, but seat time is seat time!

slightlybent47
10-26-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm from TX and have some relatives in S. Maryland and I went to Buds Creek and had a blast. The track is small but the people are very nice. I had a long talk with a fellow there that ran the place and he seed they were going to open up some trails to ride but I live in TX so I don't know if they ever did.

wv4wheelinn
12-08-2009, 12:41 PM
You should try Burning Rock or The Pinnacle Creek section of Hatfield-Mccoy Trail.Both ,right outside Beckley,WV.