PDA

View Full Version : switching Itunes to another computer

rollie
08-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Im trying to get my 1500 songs off my old computer on to this one and i cant figure out how. i tryed putting some on my ipod and just hooking upto this computer but it says i can only erase my ipod and put the songs on this computer on it, which are none. Is this even possible without burning 100 CD's
? thanks

ProspectorJim
08-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Are these songs downloaded from itunes or something else? There is a thing under "file" that says something like "transfer purchases from ipod", but that will only work on songs you bought from itunes. For the other songs you could just try a flash drive.

gcart2
08-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
Are these songs downloaded from itunes or something else? There is a thing under "file" that says something like "transfer purchases from ipod", but that will only work on songs you bought from itunes. For the other songs you could just try a flash drive.

CORRECT

use a flash drive.

450rRacer22
08-30-2009, 02:21 PM
My girlfriend is in the same boat right now. She has about 1500 songs as well but a simple 20 dollar flash drive wont hold that many songs will it? I thought you had to get like an external hardrive or something.

rollie
08-30-2009, 03:14 PM
yeah im sort of screwed, my flash drive holds a whopping 6 songs

coryatver
08-30-2009, 03:26 PM
how bad you want the songs? you can do 6 at a time lol. Or find a buddy with a bigger flash drive.

ProspectorJim
08-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by 450rRacer22
My girlfriend is in the same boat right now. She has about 1500 songs as well but a simple 20 dollar flash drive wont hold that many songs will it? I thought you had to get like an external hardrive or something.

A 2 gig flash drive should be big enough. You don't keep the songs on the flash drive you just use it to transfer them to the new computer.

yellowzo3
08-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
A 2 gig flash drive should be big enough. You don't keep the songs on the flash drive you just use it to transfer them to the new computer.

^^ This. And then when your done you can just use the flash drive for school or other important stuff (so buying it won't be a complete waste). I have a Memorex 2gb flash drive.. I DO NOT recommend it. It clicks open and closed and, well, it broke. So I can't even use it. It's made out of crap plastic and feels flimsy. I haven't even had it for a long time. Heres the actual one. Do not buy this one if you see it.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31174VXDVDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

450rRacer22
08-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Thats sweet then, she has a flash drive she uses for college so were gonna try that.

XCRacer236
08-30-2009, 06:07 PM
we used a 2 gig i belive for like 2000 songs last year when we got a new mac. just plug the drive into the comp, go to the music folder under "my computer" and drag the folder onto the drive. it will download them to the drive. then plug it into the new comp and drag them to the desktop just to get them on the comp.

rollie
08-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by 450rRacer22
Thats sweet then, she has a flash drive she uses for college so were gonna try that.

DONT BUY ITTTTTTT!!!!!!

go to google and type in "Music rescue"

download and boom, problem solved