PDA

View Full Version : Flexx bars? are they worth the money

dobber21
08-30-2009, 09:52 AM
i was thinking about getting flexx bars when i get my 450 and i plan on haveing a houser +2 steering stem. im 6'6" and i run mx on occasion hopefully more once i get more money, but i also ride in the woods ans trails to.

So i was wondering wat kind of bend would i get and would it be worth it. i would like to hear input from ppl that have them.

i think they would be beneficial but idk if i wanna spend that much on handlebars. and where is the cheapest place to get them?

MossboysRacing
08-30-2009, 12:04 PM
ya the flexx bars are nice, i cant help you with the bend since mine really old and they only had 3 bends availible back then. i would however look into a stem that goes +2 +1. the extra 1 inch forward will help keep the flexxbars out of your gas tank and as tall as you are you will never notice the 1 inch forward. my lonestar stem is +2 and it used to slightly rub on my ims oversize tank, but i run xc though. usually C&D has a good price on them.

dobber21
08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
does houser offer a +2+1 stem? and if i dont get them do i need the +1 forward?

dobber21
08-30-2009, 03:05 PM
and also wats C&D

Tommy Warren
08-30-2009, 05:26 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=201488 ;)

kitman
08-30-2009, 08:45 PM
i rode my buddies 400 with flexx bars it took a few min's to get used to the hinging action but they were awsome, i just think they are over priced thats why i dont have them

ppeengines
08-30-2009, 09:17 PM
THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY!! Ya they are high priced but worth its weight in gold when it comes to fighting arm pump and rider fatigue. Ya when you first ride with them it feels like your bar clamp is loose and your bars are slipping. But after that they are great. But when you get them, try all the elastometers and see what fits your style.

No Houser dont make the +2+1 stem. I am pretty sure Walsh Race Craft does and maybe Gibson. But i am not positive.

Its hard to say what bend is right for another rider. You are very tall and dont know what your reach is. I would go to http://www.fasstco.com/ and see exactly what they have to offer you, and if you still cant figure it out give them a call. Their customer service knows what they are talking about and will help you pick the right bar out. But also if you have a above the handle bar steering stabilizer they have bars for them to accommodate it. I hope this helped you out.

Once you buy them you will be 100% satisfied. :D

Flynbryan19
08-31-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm going to be one of the few that doesn't agree with the majority.

I had them for about 2yrs and recently went back to standard oversize bars. I prefer the standard bars. The flex bars have too much give to them in my opinion and put you in bad body positioning when your trying to corner.

I rode my quad and two friend's quads that still had the bars this past weekend. One w/ the yellow bushings and the other with the red. The reds were the best, but I have found the yellow and especially the blues to be a step in the wrong direction. In my opinion your money would be just as well spent on an anti-vibe stem and a set of regular fat bars. The new asking price on Flex bars is crazy.

Oh, and I also got MORE armpump using the flex bars than w/o because I was fighting the bars too much while they were going through their travel. Regular fat bars for me from now on. ;)

300racer
08-31-2009, 11:38 AM
i agree with flynbrian19. i had some on a quad i bought for a few months i did like them but it didn't felp with arm pump at all. i would never just buy a set the asking price is way to much for what they are. i haven't tried the atv 4 play soft bars i would like to try those but i will not buy them them cause they are way over priced as well.

MossboysRacing
08-31-2009, 02:49 PM
i acutally hated my flexx bars also, gave me a ton of arm pump. it took me a LONG time to get used to them, and you have to take them apart to oil the hinges. i think i like mine now because they are so seized up they dont flex anymore. i dont know who else make a +2+1 stem, mines a lonestar. C & D racing is a site sponsor and also some great people to deal with.

http://www.cdracingonline.com/

dobber21
09-01-2009, 04:13 PM
thanx for all the input on the flexx bars i dont think im gonnahem i cant justify the cost.
one other thing i would like to ask about steering stems i like the houser stem but they dont make the plus one forward do i need that or what type of advantge does it give me. with me being taller will it be more comfortable?

kitman
09-01-2009, 04:32 PM
I have a houser +1 with the antivibe its an awsome stem, I got mine off ebay for 100 bucks and it perfect, straight as an arrow I don't know who makes one that is +1 foward.

Sjorge450R
09-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Burgard makes a +2 +1 I have it one and its great. I dont have flexx bars though....:(

wayfastwhitey69
09-01-2009, 07:00 PM
im my opinion they arent worth it, i didnt even notice a big enough difference to buy another set

h400exrydr
09-04-2009, 06:31 AM
check out the ATV fourplay soft bars. i have them, they are pretty much awesome. cheaper than Flexx bars too.