PDA

View Full Version : Clutch_Mods

hwf-racing
08-29-2009, 08:41 PM
I have an 07" Outlaw 90. Mods so far, MAx-rpm exhaust, rejetted the carb with 85main/ 42 pilot, Hi-rev cdi box, 1500 ztr spring, uni -filter, stock gearing. Has anybody out there installed a clutch mod? If so, How did it work? What rollers worked best with your riding style. My sons Outlaw is used primary for a trail bike. However, we want to get him some time on the track until we get him a Apex 100. Thanks!!!

nordic quad
08-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Call any of these shops and tell them what mods you have the should be able to put together a clutch kit for you.That ZTR 1500 rpm torque spring should be to stiff for a fourstroke?

g-forcepowersports
hetrics
max rpm
lakesmotorsports

Or hot seat

http://www.hotseatperformance.com/psp/showprod.cfm?DID=29&CATID=248&ObjectGroup_ID=728

airmobile101
08-31-2009, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by nordic quad
Call any of these shops and tell them what mods you have the should be able to put together a clutch kit for you.That ZTR 1500 rpm torque spring should be to stiff for a fourstroke?

g-forcepowersports
hetrics
max rpm
lakesmotorsports

Or hot seat

http://www.hotseatperformance.com/psp/showprod.cfm?DID=29&CATID=248&ObjectGroup_ID=728 That ZTR 1500 rpm torque spring should be to stiff for a fourstroke?
Agree! Hell, the ZTR1000 was still too stiff for my sons quad. It made it run worse than it was when it was stock!!!! I had to settle on that used white Malossi spring which worked great.
Make sure your rollers match your torque spring. Meaning, if your run light 18-24gram rollers, you run a light torque spring(1000rpm), 24-32 grams, you run a 1500rpm torque spring, and so on!!!! This is my personal experience with the 4-stroke. You run too light rollers and a heavy torque spring, your gonna get alot of heat on that clutch bell housing and your wasting power. I found this out all the hard way.
IMO, those ZTR springs are just waaaaayyyy to stiff. Damn good product, just too stiff for a 4-stroke. To give yea an idea, a ZTR 1000 TORQUE SPRING was stiffer than a Stage 6 1500 torque spring I had laying around. They work awesome with a 2-stroke from what I understand. Just not the best thing for a thumper. Have your kid or you ride the quad around, take off the cvt cover as soon as your done riding it and feel the clutch bell housing, Is it hot enough where you cant keep your hand on it????? If it is, you need to change the spring. Now take your hand off before you burn yourself!!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

hwf-racing
08-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Thankyou, will work on the clutch this weekend!!! has anybody took out the oem clutch for the performance aftermarket ?????Was it a big difference???

nordic quad
09-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Cheapest and maybe best way to is to get torque spring,clutch spring and rollers matched together.Any of the above mentioned shops shold be able to help you with this.IMO.

airmobile101
09-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by nordic quad
Cheapest and maybe best way to is to get torque spring,clutch spring and rollers matched together.Any of the above mentioned shops shold be able to help you with this.IMO.
Yea, you should be able to pull that off easily for under $50.00 shipped.