PDA

View Full Version : cuting plastics

coreyownz
08-29-2009, 06:11 PM
hey guys im new around here infact just got my 04 400ex lastnight for a trade for my 02 klx 300r i love the 400ex but was wanting to trim the plastic's what the best way to go about this? any information would be helpfull and also is their anyway to fix scratches in the plastics? oh one more thing(sorry for rambling on)
whats the best bars i need something higher it has protaper se bars but im 6' and their a bit short for me to stand thanks in advance guys:D

Quadkid440
08-29-2009, 06:38 PM
There is a thread on here for cutting plastics, a big one actually in the How To section.

As far as scratches, scrape them with a razor blade then finish with sandpapaer. You can use PC Plastic Renew to get the shine back (the expensive, easy way). Or if you know anything about detailing cars you can use rubbing compound then some polish or wax (what I do).

A good set of bars at a fair price are the Tusk T-10 Bars. Raptor Bend is about the nicest bend in those bars.

Dobber
08-29-2009, 06:41 PM
theres a thread on cutting plastics in the how to fourm..i think most people mark it off with electric tape and use a jigsaw with a medium tooth blade and the sand the edges down to make them smooth..and if you plastic gets white marks on it from the sanding you can heat it with i lighter and it will turn i back to the right color

bergoff
08-30-2009, 09:27 AM
i just bought a set of tag x2 bars atv bend. off of here with a set of mounts. they are awesome. i'm on the tall side 6'5" and can stand straight up and they fit me great.

coreyownz
08-30-2009, 10:55 AM
ok thanks on my blaster i had the x5's and they were nice