PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bartosek.....

sly400ex
01-11-2003, 03:52 AM
Man, it's kind of hitting me hard lately, I didn't even know the kid personally but I feel for him very hard. God bless him......

250rmike
01-11-2003, 08:17 AM
yea i know what u mean i never met him but when i heard i didnt know what to it just sad.

Pappy
01-11-2003, 08:18 AM
his funeral is today:(

250rmike
01-11-2003, 08:27 AM
:( :( :( :( :(

redrider ex
01-11-2003, 08:40 AM
yea a freind of mine raced a 12 hr race with him last season and he headed to the funeral yesterday

yellowex01
01-11-2003, 11:25 AM
I might have been in a cave, but what happened?

Tommy 17
01-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by yellowex01
I might have been in a cave, but what happened?

he was in a tt race... him and jones hit and he rollled... got trapped in the nerf bar with his foot and was killed...

MrP
01-11-2003, 11:47 AM
Actually it wasnt a TT race. Why it was called TT I dont know. The track had jumps that put you over 10 feet in the air. It was no where close to being a TT track. It was a super cross style track.

yellowex01
01-11-2003, 11:51 AM
Sounds alot like when Cody Hurst died at a race from out in Ashtabula Ohio..

MrP
01-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Cody Hurst died in a MX crash in VA.

Bean
01-11-2003, 12:12 PM
TT races do have jumps ya know

JUSTINcredible
01-11-2003, 04:53 PM
they called it "super TT" its no where near the same kind of TT track you would see at the nationals or most other places.. it had jumps, whoops, etc..

MrP
01-11-2003, 07:59 PM
Bean- yea TT has jumps but not these kind of jumps. I was there and it wasnt a TT track by no means.

MichaelS693
01-11-2003, 08:00 PM
call me stupid but.... who is Matt Bartosek was he a member or somethin:) :confused:

Ryan
01-11-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by MichaelS693
call me stupid but.... who is Matt Bartosek was he a member or somethin:) :confused:

Where have you been? Its been posted here many times before and popular news in the atv world. Matt Bartosek was racing in the atv olympics. He was trying to pass Jeramiah and his left front wheel hit Jeramiahs right rear wheel which caused him to flip and his foot go caught in the nerf bars. It was really saddened me to hear this when I did. Matt was only 19 too. :(

MichaelS693
01-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by R8
Where have you been? Its been posted here many times before and popular news in the atv world. Matt Bartosek was racing in the atv olympics. He was trying to pass Jeramiah and his left front wheel hit Jeramiahs right rear wheel which caused him to flip and his foot go caught in the nerf bars. It was really saddened me to hear this when I did. Matt was only 19 too. :(

i know what happened but who is he? famous racer? member? what?:confused:

Ryan
01-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Well I heard a couple rumors of him being a member on here but im not sure if thats true. He was a famous racer. If he kept racing im sure he would have been on the top like Tim and Jermiah are. He was battling Jeramiah for the "Super TT" So you figure hes gotta be "That Good."

MichaelS693
01-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by R8
Well I heard a couple rumors of him being a member on here but im not sure if thats true. He was a famous racer. If he kept racing im sure he would have been on the top like Tim and Jermiah are. He was battling Jeramiah for the "Super TT" So you figure hes gotta be "That Good."

ight thanks

yellowex01
01-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Mr.P I didnt say he died in Ashtabula,, that is where he was from I believe..

QuadGirl
01-12-2003, 09:13 AM
Matt was from East Springfeild PA, (about 3 minutes from Conneaut, Ohio) but was in ashtabula alot at The Capatina's home (his Major sponsor, and good friends). About the reasoning behind it being called super TT: The track officals were suppose to level the track, but decided they didn't want to mess up such a nice track, so "tammed down" the jumps alittle. The only problem was, when they did that, the jumps really preloaded you, and you kinda got shot up more than out. The funeral and calling hours brought so many hundreds of people from all over the United States, and the Church where it was held, Not everyone could even get in the door.

I had a friend of mine come say to me "I was so upset to see all the smiles at the calling hours. It was way to sad to see people Okay"...
Anyone who knew Matt knows he would be ragging on you to smile. He was one of the people that REALLY live. I mean, this kid was always jumping around, ALWAYS excited, and hyseterical. And with his bad times, he had awesome times. This is our bad times... but if we dont take anything else out of all this, learn to live, and to enjoy every minute of what you love. We all are taking a huge risk, but its also a passion. Respect that you are honored enough to carry on doing something this kid loved doing so much... And respect that you could know him, or love him, or watch him do everything he did sooo well. God be with Debbie, Jodi, Ed, and Anne. Also be with Cody Hurst's Family, Chris, Rick, Stacy, and Josh.

This post is for Kyle, who inspired me to keep talking. :):)

Christa

MrP
01-12-2003, 03:45 PM
yellowex01- oh I see what your saying now.

yellowex01
01-13-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by MrP
yellowex01- oh I see what your saying now.

After I re-read it , it was kinda confusing... Its all good...