PDA

View Full Version : Hellllpppppp!!!!

racer 557
08-29-2009, 02:39 PM
i was ridint the oval track i have at my house and it started like bogging threw the corners then on the straights it also did this goin up my drive way can anyone tell me why this is??

my 07 yfz has a pipe and edelbrock carb

quadboy-55
08-29-2009, 11:44 PM
was it jetted properly? a new carb wont solve jetting for a pipe.

there are a few options off the top of my head i can run by ASSUMING THE JETTING WAS GOOD!

-ran out, or low fuel level.
-pinched fuel line or tank breather
-clogged jet
-fouled spark plug

there is a few other questions is need answered from you..are you runing at least 91 octane? when was the last time you changed youre spark plug, or had the valves checked? clean airfilter? clean oil? any water in the tank, airbox or carb?

other than that, if i where to assume improper jetting the list goes.

-airpockets in the float bowl and accellerator pump cover.
-bad jetting off the bat
-fouled plug
-pinning it in a low RPM causing a bog.

racer 557
08-30-2009, 10:59 AM
the jetting out of the box for a edelbrock is soppose to be good fore after market air filter open airbox and pipe

the fuel is 3/4 full

fuel line / tank breather is fine

fuel is turned on

and not sure about spark plug

also now it has a hard time idling

quadboy-55
08-30-2009, 11:55 AM
spark plug, enough said.

just a heads up, just becase it says its good for an aftermarket pipe, doesnt mean it will work with every pipe, they are all different, so, to avoid this problem again, you should probably do a plug check with a fresh spark plug to make sure youre jetting is right on.

racer 557
09-03-2009, 07:15 PM
i put new plug in it its a little better

Toadz400
09-03-2009, 08:09 PM
I would put the stock carb back on. Not going to get any better than that carb. Sounds like you need to check out what the plug is telling you. Sounds like your jetting is off or the carb is dirty. I have no idea what the Edlebrock runs so I can't give you any starting points.

Dansc90
09-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I'd swap the gas. Mine did it once when i first got it. The gas i was running had some water in it. Put new gas in from a different place. Ran awesome.

Toadz400
09-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Check the plug first before you throw out a tank of fuel.

Vic.ellison9499
09-13-2009, 06:02 PM
-2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB

I live in upstate NY and the damn meth heads are stealings atv's and bikes like crazy. I have a yfzr and it gets me sooo paranoid to think about those rotten toothed, junky sob's running around stealing our hard earned toys. I have damn close to 10k into my yfzr and would cry like A baby if I went to ride and it was gone. Too bad about your shee, I miss mine. Sucks about your engine and hipees too! Good luck and hope they get blown up in their lab.

Toadz400
09-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Vic.ellison9499
-2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB

I live in upstate NY and the damn meth heads are stealings atv's and bikes like crazy. I have a yfzr and it gets me sooo paranoid to think about those rotten toothed, junky sob's running around stealing our hard earned toys. I have damn close to 10k into my yfzr and would cry like A baby if I went to ride and it was gone. Too bad about your shee, I miss mine. Sucks about your engine and hipees too! Good luck and hope they get blown up in their lab.

They stole my 400EX and Banshee, I sold the 400 for dirt cheap to a friend just to get rid of it. They went to jail for a night or two, now they're free living their lives with no debt to society. I'm out over $10k and will not see any of that money from them. The police want us all to turn a cheek to drug dealers and producers. They say they are hard on them but it's far from the truth. They still have my HiPers and last I heard one of them had a kid and is trying to move on with his life but I don't give a damn, the idiot stole from me and got nothing but a slap on the wrist. I don't care if he's trying to turn his life around he needs to remember that he has caused damage to people and needs to repay. Meth heads and cops piss me off like no other. End rant.:mad: