PDA

View Full Version : Help. Riding info, Mesquite NV

Snad Rider
01-11-2003, 12:32 AM
We are going to travel to Mesquite NV in February for a WARM riding trip and I wondered if any of you know that area? I know it is a popular motorcycle riding area but is it well suited to quads; are there dunes in the area. St.George UT is close and I have also heard there is good riding there? Any information you can offer will be appreciated.

VegasEx'r
01-14-2003, 09:44 AM
I have never actually ridden in or near Mesquite before, but I would imagine there are a lot of places to ride. as far as dunes near there, the closest dunes are Coral Pink, near Kanab, UT (I think it's Kanab). It is probably 1-1.5 hrs from Mesquite. There is also Amargosa Valley to the W. of Las Vegas. Amargosa is much better than Coral Pink (IMO), but is about a 2.5 hr drive.

BNUM13
11-29-2005, 03:17 AM
I am from Mesquite, and can tell you that there is plenty of riding area around here even though we are losing alot of it to growth and activists...There is Sand Hollow state Park just outside of St. George, Ut. for sand dunes... it is Approx. 45 mi. north of mesquite....any questions Email me @ jabarnum513@yahoo.com
I would be glad to help!

wilkin250r
12-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Isn't Dumont just an hour outside of Vegas? If, by some chance, you were willing to go to Armagosa, I say hit Dumont instead, it's about the same distance.

bandicot
12-03-2005, 12:40 PM
I have to disagree with you VegasEx'r, Coral Pink is way better then Armagosa. Id say the only thing that Ive never seen at Coral Pink is a main drag hill.
If you do go to Coral Pink take some warm clothes its around 6,000 elevation, and you might have to re-jet.
Both Dumont and Armagosa are about 2.5 hours http://duneguide.com/