PDA

View Full Version : Pro-x casting

baker250r
08-29-2009, 08:27 AM
I have a 270 cylinder and the casting must be soft or something, because the head studs pulled out of the cylinder... i helicoiled them and the heli coils pulled out too. is there any way I can have this fixed, or do i have a good scrap of aluminum that can be cashed in for 20 cents at alter?

tt racer
08-29-2009, 11:56 AM
I dont know if this will work without lookin at the cylinder but you can buy studs with a bigger diameter on one side. You have to tap into your cylinder just make sure you dont go into the water jackets. Ive done this before with great results.

Honda 250r 001
08-29-2009, 01:15 PM
what were you torquing them to?

baker250r
08-29-2009, 02:04 PM
I will post pictures later but what happened was i bought it used and for some reason the piston was hitting the head. so i switched to an ESR head and that fixed the problem. I dont remember what i was torqing them to since it has been about 2 years since i ran it.

mxduner
08-30-2009, 09:18 PM
i've heard some good things about timeserts.fastenal has them i was told. what compression you running?

rsss396
08-31-2009, 07:17 AM
Timeserts has a insert for heilcoil damaged threads I believe it is call big-serts? just make sure you order the extra long length big-serts or you will pull them out also.
Not long enough inserts was probably the reason for the heilcoil failure.

derby
09-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by baker250r
I will post pictures later but what happened was i bought it used and for some reason the piston was hitting the head. so i switched to an ESR head and that fixed the problem. I dont remember what i was torqing them to since it has been about 2 years since i ran it.

I had a 350 and a 310 setup by ct back in the late 90's. They were both setup with with a wiseco flat top piston. Actually it is a standard wiseco piston that they machine the top down on. Anyways it also used a .185 spacer plate instead of the standard .190. If you put a domed piston in there your piston will hit the dome. If you use a .190 spacer, esr head, and domed piston you should be fine but it will may change the timings. Too much comp will also pull the studs out but it has to be pretty high to do so. Check your rod to see if you have bent or damaged it. Also check your wrist pin and bearing.