PDA

View Full Version : 250x or 300ex?? Which is it???

ppeengines
08-29-2009, 08:23 AM
I had a customer drop off a head to me last summer to have it ported and polished stage 2, inspect all the valves, glass bead blasted the outside of it,installed new valve seals, Flow benched it and vacummed tested it and he never let me know what atv it was off of. He never paid me for my work either. Well He finally called my shop yesterday and told me to just keep the head cuz he dont have the quad no more. So I am trying to figure out how to find out how you figure out which is which , 250x or 300ex before I sell it. They are so similar I dont want to mislead someone before I sell it. It didnt come with the rocker cover or the cam so I cant look it up by them. Any help would be grateful. It will be for sale as soon as I find out.

m0t0xk1d
08-29-2009, 09:13 AM
they are very similar and the 300s up like 2005 used the old 250x head which is one reason its so restrictive. and a 300ex head would be an upgrade for a 250x.

how much do you charge to get say port and polished 300ex head to the max? im looking to get my head ported this winter and was looking at tc and sparks but was trying find someone that is good but maybe a lil cheaper. hit me up with a PM

nosfed98z
08-29-2009, 02:29 PM
pm sent