PDA

View Full Version : used works tripple rates for $100 good deal?

RaginRedneck
08-28-2009, 02:00 PM
There is a post on craigslist:

"These are tripple rate shcoks with resorvoirs the top two springs on one of them is broken and they need to be replaced but are only $25 a piece from works first person with the cash gets them "

for $100. good deal? I don't know much about works shocks, I've heard good and bad, I'm a little hesitant to buy used shocks, but I'm also a little cash poor these days.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

honda400ex2003
08-28-2009, 02:03 PM
i think they would be a good deal if they are not dented or something. anything can be fixed though. i would take them. steve

RaginRedneck
08-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks.

Another quick question, they are off of a '99, mine is an '07, but I believe the shocks are the same, correct?

Thanks again.

honda400ex2003
08-28-2009, 02:47 PM
should be good to go no matter what year they are off of. you can send them to works and they should be able to do a couple rebuild if you wanted for a few hundy. i would call them anyway and make sure you can get the right springs and such before buying but other than that you are into a new set of works pretty cheap in my opinion. steve

Snipe
08-28-2009, 07:54 PM
I would but with the spring being broke it would be a rebuild and then you are pushing a few hundred that is still cheap. But if you do both and its 3 to 400 it would be cheaper to buy a used set on ebay over that.

bigbad400
08-30-2009, 06:31 AM
i would go with the cheap used ones for that matter... once they are sent in for 3-400 you would have tripple rates set up for you and your riding style right from the factory again. you buy nice used ones they may be set up for a 6'7" 290lb dude. then you wont be happy and still will need to spend the money to send them in... but me i just baught some elkas for 490 shipped and they were right from the factory new and set up for me, i love them, never adjusted them away from factory settings and (i did but quickly put it back) they ride perfect for me.

RIDEREDson
08-30-2009, 09:51 AM
I had a pair of these shocks and I hated them. They bottomed out all the time and I felt every bump when I rode trails with them.