PDA

View Full Version : Photo Resizing program

Ryan
08-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Didn't know if this should be in the photography section or not. So I figured I'll post it here.

Im looking for a program that can resize more than one photo at a time. Sometimes i'll pull 200-400 pictures off of my camera, and then im stuck for a good half hour atlease, just downsizing the pictures. I usually use irfanview to do the basic photo editing. I do have photoshop elements 3.0 , but im not to formiliar with how to use everything. Im sure there is a way to do it through photoshop...?

I know theres gotta be an easier way around this. Any help is well apreciated! Thanks :)

goldfish
08-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Photoshop has a feature called "actions" here's a quick guide on how to use them.

http://blog.epicedits.com/2008/03/07/how-to-create-photoshop-actions/

Briefly explained...
-Create new action
-Hit record
-Adjust image size
-Save as, overwrite, or save to new file whichever you'd rather do
-Stop recording
-Run action

Pappy
08-28-2009, 02:02 PM
www.pixresizer.com

Ryan
08-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Perfect! Thanks guys. This is gonna save me alot of time! And pap, about that camera. I tried to convince my sis into buying it, but she claimed a DSLR was "To advanced for her." Even after I told her there are full auto modes, just as simple as a point and shoot :rolleyes: . She ended up buying a Cannon Powershot or something for about $450. I thought it was a pretty dumb move on her part. Shes not to bright :ermm: :p

BTW. In a bit of time.... Im lookin for a decent but cheap tri-pod. And maybe some zoom lenses for my Canon Rebel. Shoot me a pm if you got or come across somethin you wanna sell. I may be interested in some time when I come up with extra spending money.

Pappy
08-28-2009, 04:17 PM
I dont have any spares to sell, but you can usually pick up a decent one for fairly cheap. Just make sure it will support your body with the heaviest lens you have or intend to get.

Keep an eye on ebay as well, tons of deals out there right now as everyone is pretty much broke