View Full Version : Yamaha wins first law suit!

Pappy
08-27-2009, 11:30 PM
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/yamaha-2009-rhino-700-sxs-utv-verdict-statement-ray-texas.html

gncc025
08-28-2009, 12:14 AM
Go yamaha! Im tired of these companys taking the blame for some drunk idiot on a rhino getting hurt. Sometimes this is not the case but i bet a majority of these cases can be prevented with a little common sense, and if you choose to take the risks you gotta accept the consequences.For instance you dont see Dana Creech filing any law suits because he knows you can get hurt in a utv if you choose to push the limit.

muddy400EX
08-28-2009, 12:24 AM
ya ill never understand it. you dont see beer company's getting sued for wrecks caused by drunk drivers. they should know the risks and accept it!

QuadJunkies
08-28-2009, 12:51 AM
HELL YEAH!:macho

TRXman86
08-28-2009, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
ya ill never understand it. you dont see beer company's getting sued for wrecks caused by drunk drivers. they should know the risks and accept it!

X2

Kinda like a drive up liquor store... And the purpose of that is what??? So you don't have to go IN the bar to get drunk... Hell if I was a cop, I'd follow anyone who left one and wait for them to pop one open... but then again, that's profiling... HELL WITH IT!!! i love this country, but man some times i swear, it's getting worse and worse...

quadrcr161
08-28-2009, 05:53 AM
yamaha isnt my fav brand, but ill support them against these crooked lawyers and idiots. Maybe this will help set up for the other lawsuites in yamahas favor.

F-16Guy
08-28-2009, 06:58 AM
Finally, a court with some common sense!!

Here's my proposal to Yamaha:

The Yamaha Rhino DRE (Drunk Redneck Edition)

Features:

-- Fully enclosed ROPS with 8" thick padding throughout

-- Multiple swivel-mounted oversized "beverage" holders for use with your favorite Coozie

-- "Beverage" holder mounted kill switch (disables engine in the event of a roll-over induced party foul)

-- Extra loud, high performance glass pack muffler

-- Novelty "Dukes of Hazzard" horn

-- Rear ladder bars and adjustable air shocks

-- Optional Confederate Flag graphics

dehner47
08-28-2009, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy

Features:

-- Multiple swivel-mounted oversized "beverage" holders for use with your favorite Coozie

-- "Beverage" holder mounted kill switch (disables engine in the event of a roll-over induced party foul)

i'm diggin the idea. maybe even offer a complementry spittoon with ever purchase:D

JR3
08-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
i'm diggin the idea. maybe even offer a complementry spittoon with ever purchase:D

dont be hating on spittoons my nigga

dehner47
08-28-2009, 09:14 AM
haha not hating. just stating. haha

JR3
08-28-2009, 09:25 AM
haha not hating. just stating. haha

haha but anyway its good yamaha won hopefuly they will win against all these scumbag lawyers and get rich quick people.

completley off track side note to dehner how u think we are looking tomorrow i hope it dont get rained out im gonna get everything ready tonight and as long as the hotline dont say its canceled im going. lonnie to

dehner47
08-28-2009, 09:35 AM
i think we be fine weather wise. its saying scattered thunder showers. thats what it said last week too. so hopefully it will hold of like it did last sunday. as long as there no actual lighting, the gate will be dropping.

just make sure you pack enough tearoffs and some mud gear incase it is raining. but you know kevin will hate that track as mint as he can for the races.

JR3
08-28-2009, 10:02 AM
i think we be fine weather wise. its saying scattered thunder showers. thats what it said last week too. so hopefully it will hold of like it did last sunday. as long as there no actual lighting, the gate will be dropping.

just make sure you pack enough tearoffs and some mud gear incase it is raining. but you know kevin will hate that track as mint as he can for the races.

yea i have the weather channel on and it basically just scared me haha its sayin we are effed for this weekend but ehh idk ill giv ya a call around 2 today

dehner47
08-28-2009, 10:31 AM
well, if its cancelled, it just wasnt ment to be then.

are you gonna race if its raining and they still racing??

Ryan
08-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Good to see that a B.S. lawsuit was beat. If you injure yourself on any UTV/ATV (or any motorized vehicle for that matter), and you didn't follow every rule on the warning sticker you see everytime you ride it, then you have no one to blame but yourself. Especially if you plan to push the limits of the machine... Its not if you get hurt, its when and how bad ;). But anyone who has a brain knows the consequences. But then again, even myself, try not to think to hard about all of them, ;) .

I know there was a case around here, where some kid was trespassing on private property... Ended up crashing his atv into a tree or something... Got hurt pretty bad, and the parents sued the land owner. What i'd like to know is, how does the court systems even let something like that happen? The big problem I see in this world is, no one wants to take responsibilty for their own wrongful actions.

Any specific info on the actual case itself? What exactly happened?

ricksmx865
08-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy

Features:

Man with an idea like that I'd swear you were from ELWOOD hahaha. You know them bad dogs would sell like hotcakes over there! exspecially with a complementary spittoon :devil:

400grl
08-30-2009, 11:05 AM
I believe in this particular case, it was a 13 year old boy, driving a Rhino that was lifted, had aftermarket tires, other accessories - he wasn't wearing his helmet or his seat belt, and he was turning from dirt onto pavement when he rolled it and he was killed.

So....considering all of the manufacturers suggestions which were ignored:

16 and older to operate
wear a helmet/protective gear
wear your seatbelt
do no drive on paved roads

....and the fact that this Rhino had a lift kit and other aftermarket accessories....I'm surprised and disgusted that this even made it's way to a courtroom. Shouldn't have even been a case here...

CONGRATS to Yamaha for putting up such a tremendous fight against these lawsuits, for standing up for a great product....and for not folding under pressure from the media and the CPSC!! This is good for ALL UTV owners, Rhino or not!

It's about time a jury remembers what PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY is!!! :)