PDA

View Full Version : what race class?!?!

Redrider99
08-27-2009, 02:30 PM
My first race on my 450 this weekend and I dont know what class to race! Open C or Collegeboy? I raced when I was younger and Ive ridden many times at breezwood and I get to ride everyday at the trails/practice track by my house.so what class?

Thanks
Tyler

Scro
08-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Start out in C. If you feel like you are too fast for the class, move up the next race.

Redrider99
08-27-2009, 02:42 PM
you think collegeboy would be a little easy? Iam going to ask around tomorow at the tracks whos running what class and see how close in speed I am to them

Scro
08-27-2009, 02:53 PM
I honestly don't know what Collegeboy is. Surely you have went and watched some races. Just pick a class that you feel your skills resemble the most. If you are too fast, move up. If you are too slow, move down. It's one of those things you have to figure out after the first race.

dehner47
08-27-2009, 02:53 PM
C class is slower then schoolboy. schoolboy has a smorgus board of riders. since its a age class it has dude with all types of speed.

you best bet like scro said is C. see how you pan out in there. if you crush em, next race move to B. if you mid pack, stay in there til you get faster. but the real question you need to be honest with is, how fast are you? can you last 10 mins at full race speed. can you jump all the jumps? are you intimidated by other people?

if your scared to jump and of other dudes, go with C. if you huck anyhting put in front of you and can go balls out for 10-15 mins A race pace, then you might do ok in B.

insaneracin2003
08-27-2009, 03:19 PM
My personal experience was that I started in C. Some people in that class don't know the racing rules of thumb, and keep it pinned, switching lanes back and forth with no warning. So I think it is kinda dangerous. Not taking away from the C class riders, but it is the beginner class afterall.
I have been riding for a while but not racing and I know my way around the track but not as fast as the B riders.
The next race I moved to the B class and didn't fair to well, I placed second to last but it was a much more enjoyable race because I was not afraid that someone was gonna land on me from a jump or rear-end me in a corner. Once I was comfortable, which only took the race weekend, I started getting better results and not wearing down as quickly. I felt my speed pick up fast trying to keep up with them guys.

Redrider99
08-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Iam going to see how I do tomorow at the practice and then Ill go form there. Thanks for the input

miller821
08-27-2009, 04:15 PM
You can probably do both if you have the endurance...

eastside 400
08-27-2009, 06:53 PM
i would start in C, collegeboy like was said earlier has every class of riders in it so it is faster. no matter what class you ride in people will still be retarded and not hold lines, not jump jumps and block faster riders, i ride pro-am and A in district 6 and it seems nobody can hold a line or jump the jumps on the track every race, its a joke really

Redrider99
08-27-2009, 07:10 PM
I know I have the endurance beacuse I go hard all day saturday and all day sunday when Iam at Breezwood

eastside 400
08-27-2009, 08:38 PM
breezewood is not a test of endurance, anyone can ride all day there, i do 30 minute motos there but in an actual race on a real track its alot harder, breezewood is hardpack and smooth. not saying you dont have endurance but you cant measure it at breezewood.

CannondaleRider
08-27-2009, 09:55 PM
You also can't measure endurance based off of a full days riding without getting tired. Sure, riding all day can be tiring, but an actual race is a whole new ballgame.

Adrenaline, getting all amped up, pushing yourself harder because of the race situation(whether you should be, or shouldn't be), a rougher track due to the race situation, etc. etc. It'll test your endurance more then you yet know.

I can go out and RIDE a desert track for 70 miles, or RIDE a motocross or GP course all day, without endurance issues. But an hour long WORCS A-Class race, and I'm friggin spent. lol.

madskrillz2
08-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Definitely race C. Most of our Expert guys run the age classes too.

warrior12
08-28-2009, 12:30 PM
red where are you racing what track?

Redrider99
08-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Atco raceway.Its in south jersey. Practice was called off tonight so tomorow is race day!! Hopefully the tracks will be ready to ride tomorow after this storm