PDA

View Full Version : DMC Alien dual

Pabst_Powered
08-27-2009, 12:46 PM
just picked up a complete exhuast system for cheap, the muffler is used and the head and mid-pipe are brand new, also came with the spark arrester, what do you guys think about this system, thanks

F-16Guy
08-27-2009, 01:34 PM
It puts out lots of power, but it's loud. My buddy's brother had one on his EX back when they first came out. It was pretty obnoxious.

riotact
08-27-2009, 01:52 PM
I would love to find one of these cheap.Nice job I head they are very loud too.

Pabst_Powered
08-27-2009, 02:30 PM
actually i just installed it to see for myself and its not much louder than my t-4 if anything, kinda hated to see the pipes turn golden, the chrome was really nice, still looks good thou, the sound isnt much different but the power is there, i guess 120 bucks with some OMF scoops, bullet case saver, and some new shockwares isnt a bad deal

08-27-2009, 04:38 PM
As pretty much everyone on this site knows, I LOVE DMC exhaust's.. as you can tell by my username. haha. I have the alien dual on mine and absolutely love it.

They make some of the biggest power gains on the 400ex, and sound pretty good. It's a little loud but I don't mind it. I also scored a quiet core for it off ebay a long while back for a buck.

I think you'll be pleased. It performs among the best like Curtis Sparks:cool:

Pabst_Powered
08-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
As pretty much everyone on this site knows, I LOVE DMC exhaust's.. as you can tell by my username. haha. I have the alien dual on mine and absolutely love it.

They make some of the biggest power gains on the 400ex, and sound pretty good. It's a little loud but I don't mind it. I also scored a quiet core for it off ebay a long while back for a buck.

I think you'll be pleased. It performs among the best like Curtis Sparks:cool: yeah I'm thinkin its a keeper and probably sell off the t-4, do you happen to know the average power gains and any tips

08-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Pabst_Powered
yeah I'm thinkin its a keeper and probably sell off the t-4, do you happen to know the average power gains and any tips

Can't say exact power gains, but in the online shootout I read a while back the DMC placed second next to Curtis Sparks and only .3 less horsepower.

Dobber
08-27-2009, 06:02 PM
i have this system on mine and all i can say is that it is amazing..great power gains and a great sound also

08-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
They make some of the biggest power gains on the 400ex

I believe its biggest peak but a dyno can prove me wrong lol

08-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
I believe its biggest peak but a dyno can prove me wrong lol

Nope. Very smooth power with the second highest peak. The way the dual headpipes are designed it's the only pipe without the small "dead spot" on most pipes. Mine pulls very hard across the whole board.
My father rode it before and after the pipe and even he said "damn that woke it up big time."

Like I said I'm extremely happy with it. I still think Sparks and LRD sound a little better, but it's worth the power. lol.